Forum

Massive connection issues (BT)

Created 29th March 2011 @ 22:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Hat

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1226737894.png

this is my current connection info (at 10.30pm)

everyday for the past week come 7pm my ping shoots upto 400 with constant spiking all over the place and horrible download speeds, so i ran speedtest today and this is what it came up with, this is down from my usual 10mbs

this is with british telecom and i am aware that they throttle connections during primetime but to go from 10mbs to 250kbs.. what the fuck?

any idea why this is?

Only one thing you can do. Ring up the nice Indian man and ask about it. Thats what I did when I had problems with BT and I wished I did it sooner, sorted it out right away

Jaskey

Still better than my net.

_Ben

;?

pretty sure it’ll be that BT don’t have the hardware to cope with the x amount of users in your area and you end up having shit bandwidth. BT are awful in everything they do

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

I think I got capped today… :

Been streaming last few days and today was the first time in like 5-6 months where I’ve had lag :(

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

It is same with VM, it sucks, you get a capped speed which cause ping spikes, I wouldn’t care if it was a constant high ping…

I swear to god this is false advertisement, it is not ‘unlimited’ broadband if at a certain point it almost becomes unusable.

WOODY[

Op4

my net started to go down hill just after lan. we have had 2 guys come round and they still couldnt fix it. got to love bt

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

It’s their fair usage policies afaik, whereas you’re not capped during off peak hours if you start doing even a small amount of downloading during the peak time you will get capped, when both myself and my missus use the internet we suffer from rather laggy moments every so often.

Kinda retarded how far behind the UK is in terms of internet facilities, especially when HD videos, browsing and just general internet usage is becoming more and more common.

We should just do a S.Korea and start investing heavily into it.

Here’s a chat (2010) of the top countries http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/bto/20100114/Internet_connect_speeds_by_country.png

S.Korea are starting to roll out 1GB internet to some places, there was a feature on the BBC about it, normally the standard is like 200MB :/

WildCard

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

Kinda retarded how far behind the UK is in terms of internet facilities, especially when HD videos, browsing and just general internet usage is becoming more and more common.

Privatisation, blame thatcher as she was the one in power then i believe:P

And you can demand to speak to a UK representative and not some foreign dude who will tell you to unplug you rooter for 10 seconds and then send you to there speed test site followed by ” we will look into it”, if they just keep trying to blag there way through a convo my next line is usually ” then ill be cancelling my service with you, put me through to your accounts department” or w/e :P usually get through to someone of use quite quickly.

Last edited by WildCard,

N/A

RaWr ::

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/?DCMP=KNC-mainsitelink-skybb

thank me later <3

FADe

I doubt your connection is being capped, pretty sure you’re on the unlimited package like myself?! Something similar has been happening to me the past few days, but my connection just randomly turns off for anywhere inbetween 2min – 20hrs (sunday evening/monday morn). I’m fairly certain we’ve been infected with something, the only reason I’m not going ape shit about it is my new pc arrives today/tomorrow.
If the problem persists and it turns out my inkling wasn’t right though I’m just gona jump ship to Sky like young Joshua has suggested, supposed to be the dog’s dangleys Alex lad.

Last edited by FADe,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I’ve heard good things from O2 broadband as well, Sky was apparently shit until they started to offer more the past few months, VM are ok, they deliver the highest average speeds but they sometimes do suck in places, however their customer service has been fine.

BT are just :(

Skully

I have had this twice to me, and the only way we could explain it was the network being over susbscribed, I have unlimited so I know thats not the problem. First time I had the problem it lasted for a week, second time only 2 nights, however, at prime time, who you want to play matches and scrims, its a bitch. Gets worse for me as every provider around my area uses the BT line :-/

LikeThis

3rd world country.

Skully

Quoted from LikeThis

3rd world country.

3rd world county more like, my connection is 1meg and wont get faster until 2015 at the latest

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »