[…]

+1

ping is almost never the issue, its the loss/choke/rates

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Quoted from d2m

[…]

In my opinion, no – it’s unacceptable. You’ll be warping around a server and very hard to hit with many weapons.

It’s not going to be long before we start seeing rules coming into the league regarding pings, and 200+ is definitely not acceptable. Sorry.

That’s not true, high ping and warping are two separate issues. It’s a recent issue in NA where certain players were deliberately limiting their upstream causing them to warp and making them impossible to hit, this is a cheat – but their pings were fine. I regularly ping over 200ms and do not warp. Unfortunately this cheat is very easy to use and has a massive effect on a game, you’ll need to deal with this on a case by case basis not simply apply a ping rule

AnimaL

:D as if they will fragga :D u kno it

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Quoted from AnimaL

:D as if they will fragga :D u kno it

some are wise, some are otherwise.

l l l

Don’t let fragga fool you, unless you’re an extreme nerd, anything above 160ping is not suitable for any combat class, I know because getting 190ping from California sucks :(. Medic on the other hand can be played with 180~190 ping as long as you are aware of your surroundings and pop bit faster

AnimaL

hello mr usa, fragga isnt talking about how bad are you at tf2, but the fact that ping doesnt make you warp

kaidus

WiK?

If you play scout 200 will be fine. A bit annoying at times but really no reason to not play if it’s the best you can get, and certainly not a reason to be restricted from playing rofl.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Quoted from d2m

[…]

In my opinion, no – it’s unacceptable. You’ll be warping around a server and very hard to hit with many weapons.

It’s not going to be long before we start seeing rules coming into the league regarding pings, and 200+ is definitely not acceptable. Sorry.

There goes my tf2 career. Way to kill the scene dickhead.

Quoted from AnimaL

hello mr usa, fragga isnt talking about how bad are you at tf2, but the fact that ping doesnt make you warp

As an example of this:

I used to play on the internode servers without teleporting or anything indicating my ping was 400-450 other than blatant killing-around-the-corner shots (hitreg on me and on others etc was all fine).

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

havok’s doing fine

Skyride

DUCS

Warping and ping are indeed seperate issues, but they BOTH need to be looked at.

Ping limit 150 definitely sounds reasonable to me. However rate settings are a different issue entirely. FACT: Some people have insanely bad internet connection, theres nothing that they, nor ETF2L rules can do about this. They will warp regardless, the question is do we disallow such people from playing or not?

Quite honestly, I reckon it’d be better just to put reasonable rate settings on the ETF2L config. If someones internet connection is just honestly too bad, they’ll fall foul of the 150 ping limit. If not, it’ll have no effect on them. If someone was previously exploiting low rate settings to make them warp, they just lost that edge.

Tikcus

if a ping limit was set to 150, we would NEED regional sub sections of ETF2L

150 is not a big enough limit considering how far ETF2L stretches, and the fact that alot of players from the UK ping > 80ms to uk servers, someone else decides to check their email, use facebook etc in their house and bang 5 min of 500 ping

n00ne

european tf2 league, the name speaks for itself. If you’re not european, then this league is not for you – leave. If you are european, well then your ping cant possibly be more than 150.

Last edited by n00ne,

m4tu

imo it should be <175(make a rule plox), because when your ping is higher than that, then everyone will suffer in-game…But <175 is fine i guess…

I myself get around 80 ping in European servers…:(

+1 for a rule that limits the ping(<175)

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

tickus, I doubt anybody really is going to enforce a rule similar to the one discussed because of the possibility of a massive lagspike. However I don’t think people pinging way more than 100 are exactly good for the game in most situations, as it results in a lot of annoying situations. It’s not exactly their fault that they live deep in Russia, or Iceland or whatever, but it’s not like the most of us should suffer because of that. A lot of times I find myself losing situations to people who ping more than, say 150 just because I didn’t have time to react. For instance, I might be headshotted before I can even see the opponent coming around the corner and such.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »