Forum

The Complete Guide to streaming TF2 with OBS

Created 24th October 2012 @ 01:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from alba

my videos seems to lag, video freezes but audio is fine, could you have a check please? it might just be my school laptop or school internet.

http://sv.twitch.tv/albaquetv/b/339353110

Your problem is that your computer cannot possibly stream at 1080p. Try going down to 720p, then try 60fps.

alba

duplo

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Your problem is that your computer cannot possibly stream at 1080p. Try going down to 720p, then try 60fps.

nvm actually i was streaming 1920×1080@60fps lol, cheers :)

Last edited by alba,

add

I’m having low, but stable fps (30-50) when using OBS and Dxtory, both set to 30 fps. My in-game settings are as low as possible and the resolution I use is 1280 x 720.. Everything works perfectly, except the low fps in-game. I already went trough the possible solutions that are listed in th guide, but I don’t think that that seemed to help. I have a laptop with 8 GB Memory and i7.. Maybe someone can help me with this problem. I’ll post more info about my laptop if needed..

Skyride

DUCS

What laptop do you have?

Laptop CPUs and GPU’s are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slower than their desktop counterparts (desktop GTX 560 is quicker than laptop GTX 580 for example), and the first gen i7 CPU’s are less half the speed of their desktop models.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Tried Dxtory and Xplit yesterday, since I already bout a license for that too. And where OBS gave me alot of input lag and low FPS while playing, Xplit gave me virtually no input lag and I get 150-200FPS ingame in combination with Dxtory. I tried a wide variety of settings in OBS/Dxtory to get it right, but I am not too enthousiastic about it. Xplit works better for me, allthough the license fees are very expensive.

add

Quoted from Skyride

What laptop do you have?

Laptop CPUs and GPU’s are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slower than their desktop counterparts (desktop GTX 560 is quicker than laptop GTX 580 for example), and the first gen i7 CPU’s are less half the speed of their desktop models.

I did choose some alternative settings, and lowered the resolution.. The stream still has a nice quality so it’s fine now..

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Andee

Tried Dxtory and Xplit yesterday, since I already bout a license for that too. And where OBS gave me alot of input lag and low FPS while playing, Xplit gave me virtually no input lag and I get 150-200FPS ingame in combination with Dxtory. I tried a wide variety of settings in OBS/Dxtory to get it right, but I am not too enthousiastic about it. Xplit works better for me, allthough the license fees are very expensive.

If you have better performance with XSplit, it’s because you haven’t set up OBS correctly (or have XSplit set incredibly low).

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

If you have better performance with XSplit, it’s because you haven’t set up OBS correctly (or have XSplit set incredibly low).

Byte and I also found that XSplit offered much better performance than OBS. I followed your guide completely and even spent some time trying to fiddle but it just wasn’t even comparable for me.

alba

duplo

im getting alot better performance in OBS. I have the same performance in obs as xsplit if i use 1080p in obs and 720p in xsplit

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

What CUBE said. I followed your guide to the letter, but the results didn’t work out for me. I’ve spend several hours trying to get it right. But with Xplit I immediately had a good working stream. I’m not flaming OBS here, but maybe it works better under other system configurations then mine. If it helps, I can post my system specs and settings here if you want.

Xplit is not set to low. I have it running 1680×1050 (native) on 30fps. I notice a bit of fps spiking, so I have to adjust the settings a bit perhaps. But OBS was entirely unplayable to me.

AnimaL

so like, streaming with obs, quality 9, bitrate 2500 720p 30fps… after 1-2 min i get noticable stuttering, which clears out in few min but comes back again after few

anything i can do about it? cores/priorities or wut?

alba

duplo

my video and audio isnt synced for some reason :s (on my stream

my audio from my microphone is ahead

Last edited by alba,

wpminnows

[PG]

Quoted from AnimaL

so like, streaming with obs, quality 9, bitrate 2500 720p 30fps… after 1-2 min i get noticable stuttering, which clears out in few min but comes back again after few

anything i can do about it? cores/priorities or wut?

i get the same thing, are your dropped frames shooting up? apparently there’s a problem with the way it’s handling dropped frames atm

AnimaL

0 dropped frames

bean

isaninja

My performance is so much better with Dxtory + OBS, I cannot use Dxtory + Xsplit, it’s unplayable. Screen capture in OBS was worse then XSplit, XSplit is playable but less then ideal.

I also get this problem where my dropped frames just go off the scale and other times it doesn’t.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »