Forum

Computer Problem Please Offer Advice D:

Created 6th October 2013 @ 17:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

VinuJ

Guys, I feel that my skill is not going to get any better because of the lag I get when anything catastrophic like a midfight is going on. Im not sure why its happening, I will tell you all the things I have tried and all the specs I have I just REALLY need some help with this. I feel I can improve but am finding it near impossible because of the lag.

Specs:
Intel Core i3 Processor 350M – (I know its really shit but its because Im on a laptop & I know many people play on i3 with a decent fps)
Intel HD Graphics
4GB RAM
Acer Nplify 802.11 b/g/n
These are all the important specs on my laptop.

I have a decent mouse so don’t worry about that. I have tried:
– m0re fps configs
– chris fps configs – high, max all of them
– launch options such as -novid -high -heapsize all of them all the basics I know
– process lasso – though Im not exactly sure how to use this one
– closing everything in bacground
– gamebooster
– turning it to mat_queue_mode -1 (which is the point as I dont have multicores)
– smart defrag
– literally everything

The worst thing is that before it used to work fine but suddenly it started being shit I usually nowadays get fps around 20-30 and 40 on non-catastrophic parts I know some people do manage with this so PLEASE I really want to improve :D

VinuJ

Im just looking for advice so I can get a stable at least 50 fps :)

Fallen

TC

upgrade

ash

(Legend)
:D

Try a lower resolution.

VinuJ

Lower resolution….how do I find out what my resolution is atm? Is it the -w and -h in my launch options? If so this is what is in my launch options -novid -windowed -noborder -w 1366 -h 768 -tcp -high -noforcemaccel

Someone has suggested this to me but would it increase fps? :
-novid -windowed -noborder -w 1366 -h 768 -tcp -high -noforcemaccel +mat_forcehardwaresync 0 -console -32bit

Setsul

i3 330M, otherwise same specs over here:

It’s not going to happen.

Expect to get lower fps with every update.

VinuJ

How are you playing your matcehs and officials then?

VinuJ

I am also using a flat textures pack which makes things look flat im alright with looks though just want more fps. Want a constant 40 fps at the least damn it D:

svins

alus
P.O.P

Desktop pc m8! Your computer isnt strong enough for Tf2.

VinuJ

I will definitely look to getting a better pc soon but atm thats not an option for another 3-4 months I really want to be able to play tf2 with a stable 40 fps so I can actually improve D:

VinuJ

*bump*
:P

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Use the no-hats thing, chris maxframes and -w 640 -h 480 in launch options.

Last edited by Rake,

VinuJ

Quoted from Rake

Use the no-hats thing, chris maxframes and -w 640 -h 480 in launch options.

I will try the no-hats which I didnt really want to do but if its needed fine also I havent tried the resolution thing yet so I will also try that thanks

P.S.
For a few days now I have been asked at laptop start up for a disc checking. It says I can cancel it so I just cancel it before 15 secs (when it starts to check the disk), because I know it will take a long time. I wonder if that may be one of the problems can anyone confirm or lend some info?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

There isn’t a problem.

Your pc is bad.

Setsul

Quoted from VinuJ

How are you playing your matcehs and officials then?

Play low divs
Get brain
don’t rely on dm

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »