Get brain
don’t rely on dm

But isnt it really hard to do anything with low fps? :/

AnimaL

Quoted from VinuJ

[…]
But isnt it really hard to do anything with low fps? :/

not if you play medic

Hey, have you got a graphics chip by AMD or nVidia in your laptop or is it dedicated graphics from your processor? Try right clicking on a game on your desktop and it should have an option that lists all the GPU devices. I remember back when I used to have a laptop I thought I wasted the money it was so bad until I found out about it.

VinuJ

Quoted from digitaltomato

Hey, have you got a graphics chip by AMD or nVidia in your laptop or is it dedicated graphics from your processor? Try right clicking on a game on your desktop and it should have an option that lists all the GPU devices. I remember back when I used to have a laptop I thought I wasted the money it was so bad until I found out about it.

Not exactly sure about what you mean by right click a game and it will show but my graphics is = Intel HD Graphics not sure if its AMD but I know its defo not nVidia.
What did you mean by right click a game on my desktop you mean like right click the shortcut? or properties? or :/ ?

VinuJ

Oh just found out my graphics card is an intergrated graphics card btw

Quoted from VinuJ

Do you mean that your processor handles all of the graphics and not a chip by nVidia or AMD? What laptop do you own? I could maybe help out more if I knew the model :)

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from VinuJ

theres you answer

ondkaja

IKEA

get a graphics card

Last edited by ondkaja,

VinuJ

Quoted from digitaltomato

[…]

Do you mean that your processor handles all of the graphics and not a chip by nVidia or AMD? What laptop do you own? I could maybe help out more if I knew the model :)

I think the processor does indeed handle the graphics im not exactly sure but as its intel hd graphics – integrated not by amd or nvidia yh think so. Here is the model of my laptop: Acer Aspire TimelineX 5830T with 4GB ram. Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me everyone really appreciate the community around here :D

xzr

Quoted from ondkaja

get a graphics card

you can pair a gtx titan with that cpu and the fps in tf2 is still gonna be shit (due to source engine being very cpu-centric)

And that’s a laptop so it’s not that simple anyway.

And to the OP, the integrated graphics card isn’t really taking power off your cpu as it’s a “chip” if it’s own inside your cpu. The only ramification is that it shares your system’s RAM. And well it’s not the most powerful of gpus out there, but not really a bottleneck for tf2 in any case

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from xzr

[…]
you can pair a gtx titan with that cpu and the fps in tf2 is still gonna be shit (due to source engine being very cpu-centric)

And that’s a laptop so it’s not that simple anyway.

And to the OP, the integrated graphics card isn’t really taking power off your cpu as it’s a “chip” if it’s own inside your cpu. The only ramification is that it shares your system’s RAM. And well it’s not the most powerful of gpus out there, but not really a bottleneck for tf2 in any case

tf2 is very cpu centric but a integrated graphics card is gonna be the bottleneck anyway

VinuJ

*bump*
And can anyone check my model – Acer Aspire TimelineX 5830T and see if there is anything I can do to help my fps? Would swiftshader help?

VinuJ

I just found out that “some” consoles are constantly being logged to the console which may be causing some of my lag when it is constantly checking for this.
ate unknown particle system ‘vaccinator_blue_buff3’
Attempting to create unknown particle system ‘vaccinator_blue_buff1’
Cannot update control point 3 for effect ‘teleport
I am getting texture kind of errors which I think may be causing lag as it is constantly trying to find thoses textures? Even though I can see them…might be my hud so im gooing to try after removing it :) any info?

VinuJ

There are a lot of different textures that it says can not find D:

AnimaL

Quoted from Rake

There isn’t a problem.

Your pc is bad.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »