Forum

Gaming gear advice

Created 7th August 2013 @ 10:51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Maffi

REVERTO

Its really hard tell someone what to buy, its all about peronal preference. Took me about 2 years to get gaming gear that i really liked, i ended up with G400 and the razer goliathus speed and have been playing with it for almost a year now and i love it >:)

Last edited by Maffi,

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from alba

mouse: zowie am
pad: puretrak talent
headphones: jvc ha-rx700
mic: speedlink clip on mic
keyboard: whatever keyboard really

you forgot your hipster glasses

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Mouse: I’d recommend a g400, deathadder or zowie AM
Mousepad: Goliathus speed edition or QcK+ (I personally prefer the QcK+)
Keyboard: If you’re unfamiliar with mechanical keyboards, I’d recommend going to a local store that has different mechanical keyboards for show and trying out each switch to see which one you like.
Headphones: I’ve been using the ATH m50 for over a month and can honestly say that they’re by far the best headphones I have ever had, the sound is incredibly clear, unlike the crushed mid and hi gaming headphones I had been using before. Otherwise most sennheiser headphones are reasonably well built and generally available everywhere, if you’re looking for specifics I’ve had a good experience with and would recommend the HD558 and 650

Last edited by cmd,

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

Quoted from vani

Zowie AM is really good if you don’t mind ambidextrous mice. FK is the exact same mouse with a different shape (ambidextrous)
Deathadder 2013 seems to be hit or miss, some people seem to have problem with theirs while others doesnt

Can’t recommend that many mousemats but qck+ heavy and Puretrak Talent are good cloth pads, Both lasts about 7~ months, give or take

With the way you take care of your mousepad I would expect it to last at least a decade.

alba

duplo

Quoted from Forsak3n

[…]
you forgot your hipster glasses

Optional, not using atm

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from Maffi

Its really hard tell someone what to buy, its all about peronal preference. Took me about 2 years to get gaming gear that i really liked, i ended up with G400 and the razer goliathus speed and have been playing with it for almost a year now and i love it >:)

But it’s easy to tell what not to buy cause it’s overmarketed bullshit. And sadly there aren’t that many actually good choises in mice.

FIR

SnG

Been working with a G9x for most of the year, a G700 before that. Superb mices :3 and clickety Das Keyboard ftw <3

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from MIndYe

[…]
But it’s easy to tell what not to buy cause it’s overmarketed bullshit. And sadly there aren’t that many actually good choises in mice.

God tier:
Deathadder 2013
G400(s)
Zowie FK

Pads:
Talent
Golia speed
G-TF speed

Last edited by Koeitje,

basH.

hf

Quoted from Mundi

[…]
it lasted me like 3 months then mouse1 died.

but the results… :D

konr

Quoted from rytis

[…]
nah I’ve thrown the mouse numerous times, still going :D

First person ever to not have issues with a G400

svins

alus
P.O.P

zowie am/kf + the zowie GT-F speed

studio heaphones
some mic

keyboard doesnt matter

ondkaja

IKEA

get a 120hz monitor if you don’t already have one.

Maffi

REVERTO

Quoted from MIndYe

[…]

This is true.

Maffi

REVERTO

Quoted from konr

[…]First person ever to not have issues with a G400

had mine for a year now

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Didn’t feel like creating yet another thread for this, so just bumping this one up with a question.
Recently I decided to get myself a mechanical keyboard, and I’m not 100% sure on which one to get. I’m torn between getting a Filco Majestouch-2 and a Corsair K70.
I’ve been getting a lot of recommendations for the majestouch, but since I’ve been using a keyboard with a wrist rest for over 3-4 years, I’m not sure if I’ll like playing without it for long sessions. Is there a big difference? and if anyone has made the change from rest to non-rest, did it affect you and did you just get used to it or?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »