Created 6th September 2012 @ 09:23

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Admirable

3rd person spectating :E

Yeah, the top down RTS-specating view is nice to see strats and territory control, but we really need a POV camera asap… Also to go spec on a pub because that one guy doesnt miss a fucking pistol shot :@@@

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from skeej

[…]

Yeah, the top down RTS-specating view is nice to see strats and territory control, but we really need a POV camera asap… Also to go spec on a pub because that one guy doesnt miss a fucking pistol shot :@@@

Youre probably just playing against Quad

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Arc|Tane, the quad of NS2

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Quoted from skeej

Arc|Tane, the quad of NS2

Please, I used to wipe the floor with that dirty nerd.

Just wait still markor, Altvour and enigmatic`get going they’ll rape everything.

picked it up for 13 quid

My pc is utter 8 year old-processing-shit and I seem to have no problems running it. Then again i do cap everything at 60fps so comeatme

Darn

rockit like

2 minutes in to the map. Other team gains an advantage and will win no matter what. Losing team will turtle 20 min and will eventually lose, no comeback ever. About 20 maps and the same thing happened everytime. Playing on the winning team is fucking boring and playing on the losing team is face-melting rageeeeee. Watched the ESL finals and the same thing happened there, need fixing asap. Broken game.

Last edited by Darn,

vaxjo

Hey dats!

Quoted from Darn

2 minutes in to the map. Other team gains and advantage and will win no matter what. Losing team will turtle 20 min and will eventually lose, no comeback ever. About 20 maps and the same thing happened everytime. Playing on the winning team is fucking boring and playing on the losing team is face-melting rageeeeee. Watched the ESL finals and the same thing happened there, need fixing asap. Broken game.

Agree with Darn, although I’ve seen a handful of proper games too by now.
80% of games(at least on publics) seem to go the way you described.
Clan matches seem to revolve around gimmicky rush tactics be it mines, gorges or your standard skulk-baserush, they’re strangely effective.
I have mostly played with new groups so it’s not wonder we get stomped that way but this is the picture I’m getting from more established teams and their matches too.

edit: also, rage against infestation!! the game would run smooth as silk but whenever there’s yellow goo splattered, fps drops by a good chunk for no real good reason other than the yellow tint.

Last edited by vaxjo,

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from vaxjo

[…]
edit: also, rage against infestation!! the game would run smooth as silk but whenever there’s yellow goo splattered, fps drops by a good chunk for no real good reason other than the yellow tint.

Yeah, that’s probably because it’s not the texture changing.. But instead of bunch of shit growing ON the map
Also, I have shit fps. But infestation doesn’t seem to hurt me, flamethrowers do tho..

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I think vaxjo is clearly implying that he disabled complex (volumetric) infestation, and it’s definitely weird that that type of infestation would bring down fps so much.

Basically if you deny aliens 2nd hive you auto win as marines. If you deny marines 2nd tech point (and marines dont own a disproportionate amount of RTs) you win as aliens. Marines will try a final shotgun rush, if they lost their chance at 2nd tech. Aliens will try a skulk rush if they lost their chance at 2nd hive. There is no midgame at all and the endgame is just a boring slow roll over the enemies final base.

I’ve seen a rare few instances where marines had 2 tech and aliens had 2 hives and things got MILDLY interesting, but usually aliens end up winning in this situation anyway because of OP onos.

Quoted from Zethzio

Skeej you can’t blame them for trying new ideas in a closed beta :3

2 weeks later: get the point now? :D

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

There is currently a giveaway on steamgifts for 1000 NS2 Keys, if you don’t know what steamgifts is; google dat shizz

vaxjo

Hey dats!

Quoted from Kvux

[…]
Yeah, that’s probably because it’s not the texture changing.. But instead of bunch of shit growing ON the map
Also, I have shit fps. But infestation doesn’t seem to hurt me, flamethrowers do tho..

I like infestation and what it does but for marines it’s currently just a layer of yellow on top of things, hope they can tweak performance further. Currently it just takes an oddly big chunk of FPS with my hardware combo and others with i5’s have told me the same.

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from vaxjo

[…]
I like infestation and what it does but for marines it’s currently just a layer of yellow on top of things, hope they can tweak performance further. Currently it just takes an oddly big chunk of FPS with my hardware combo and others with i5’s have told me the same.

Says Mr. 350 fps.

Darn

rockit like

Yep, Brink 2. Uninstall.

droso

o/

Anyone with a spare key?
I can offer my body or a beer at lan. :)

vaxjo

Hey dats!

Quoted from Darn

[…]

Says Mr. 350 fps.

Mr “I run TF2 in the background”

Watch our game tonight at 21 CET! It will be casted by this guy: http://www.twitch.tv/blindns2

EDIT: Time changed

Last edited by vaxjo,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »