Forum

arma II (DayZ)

Created 6th June 2012 @ 12:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 25 Next »

h1

:3
BM

Quoted from Enef

Need friends with the game to play with, none of mine are interested, also time to play i between work and other things, sick mod though.

add me < im always game for a little company :)

RenTas

.:ne:.
Š&S

Looking for some ppl to make a pure win gang with, gonna pwn and shit

Traxantic

TLR

Quoted from skeej

[…]

Too late, it was $15 for a week on Amazon.com about 2 weeks ago … Now the average price is about 25 GBP. I’ve seen some obscure online stores sell Arma II CO for about 15-20 dollars but they seemed kinda dodgy. Considering supply-demand mechanics I don’t think we’ll see Arma II on sale any time soon; the game already sold loads more than anyone could have expected. But maybe I’m wrong ;D

Anyway, the longer you wait, the more exploited game mechanics get, the more controlled certain area’s on servers get, and the harder it will be for new players to get going. Also, as the playercount rises the attitude of the average player also changes. It’s basically shoot-on-sight on every server now. You’ll be VERY lucky to run into someone nowaday’s who will take a leap of faith and not shoot you, and join you in your fight for survival.

I hope Rocket (main dev) will implement some group mechanics or other mechanics that give each individual player more external value to other players (for instance certain learnable skillsets that other players don’t have, or more elements like a blood transfusion which a player can’t perform on his own). For now, probably the only people you won’t shoot in the game are the people you might be playing it with simultaneously on mumble.

@Vanilla, it’s just a matter of waiting for a big update now. Vehicles need to become enabled on every server, we will have power grid mechanics soon, and Rocket responded positively to a lot of community-suggested features like aforementioned skill systems, group mechanics, and even seizing of towns.

Since the sales have been multiplied by 5 due to the DayZ mod, and the guy who created updates it pretty much every day/2 days, the game will be really good developed near the end. Not to mention the guy who made it probably gets paid a lot too.

Edit: Add me and we can skypez and teams up and shit whoohoo!! o

Last edited by Traxantic,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Need people with decent gear who are around Stary Sobor or the NW Airfield to organise a raid on devil’s castle. Maybe it’s best for all the etf2l players to gather up in irc so we can do stuff at any given time? #dayz.etf2l ? cu there?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Anyone briefly explain this game and if its worth a purchase? Always enjoyed zombie mod style games.

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Anyone briefly explain this game and if its worth a purchase? Always enjoyed zombie mod style games.

http://www.twitch.tv/tvique/b/320938337
http://www.twitch.tv/tvique/b/320998409
If your still not confident to buy it after watching those then i dunno :D

Last edited by TviQ,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Tapley ❤

from what i’ve heard it’s more a survival game than it is a zombie shooter, ie you dont kill the zombies because it makes a lot of noise and causes everything to come at you

having said that i haven’t actually played it, so no clue :D

vani

Bully

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

from what i’ve heard it’s more a survival game than it is a zombie shooter, ie you dont kill the zombies because it makes a lot of noise and causes everything to come at you

having said that i haven’t actually played it, so no clue :D

It’s like you said, one of the games where you only should shoot if you need to. At least when it comes to zombies :D I playerkill on sight as the chance they will do the same to you is like 80 %.

Dunno if its pointed out but its a free roam island and you spawn randomly along the coast. Grab a map of the island and try to meet up with some friends at a key location (you see your current position in bottom left in white numbers when you spawn, but it’ll disappear after 5 seconds or so)

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Coolio, so what games need to be bought, just arma 2 or an expansion also?

NoJu

8D

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Coolio, so what games need to be bought, just arma 2 or an expansion also?

You need ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead, then run them together as Combined Operations.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Ah was going to buy them both cheap on amazon but seems they’ve long since sold out :x. Seems best deal is to buy the join combined pack from steam. The Arma guys must love this mod maker for actually making their game successfull :D

RenTas

.:ne:.
Š&S

I think you can download ARMA II for free and then buy only operation arrowhead making it cheaper by a bit, but didn’t check it cba.

Dikker

4-25

friendly

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

lol those who made arma II thinks it’s popular again, too bad everyone is buying it because of dayZ

Яyan

Quoted from TWEEKARN\

lol those who made arma II thinks it’s popular again, too bad everyone is buying it because of dayZ

Except the whole game runs off of mods, and they’ve built the game to be capable of doing so

They’re not idiots, consumer content fuels this game

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 25 Next »