Forum

arma II (DayZ)

Created 6th June 2012 @ 12:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 25 Next »

TviQ

ft.

ALL you need is arma 2 operation arrowhead
Just download arma 2 free take Add0ns folder from there move it into the main folder of Arma 2 operation arrowhead.
there ya go

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from TWEEKARN\

lol those who made arma II thinks it’s popular again, too bad everyone is buying it because of dayZ

considering the developer of the mod works for the developers who made arma 2, i somehow doubt they’re unaware.

RenTas

.:ne:.
Š&S

need sexy people to play with add me on steam

IPZIE

SUAVE

i just joined the FB mumble at 5am in the morning and saw Hat,2nuts and TviQ playing it/ tuned in to TviQs stream and watched them play. After watching them rolling arround on the ground for 30mins i had the pleasure to see them wooping 5 guys asses that tried to woop theirs. seems like a fun game?!

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from TviQ

ALL you need is arma 2 operation arrowhead
Just download arma 2 free take Add0ns folder from there move it into the main folder of Arma 2 operation arrowhead.
there ya go

That actually might be the reason why some of your textures (and map) are unreadable. Arma2 free has very low res textures.

TviQ

ft.

http://www.twitch.tv/tvique/b/321058114
3:31:59 its start right after i climb up that ladder !

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from skeej

[…]

That actually might be the reason why some of your textures (and map) are unreadable. Arma2 free has very low res textures.

No it wasn’t it was because of my drivers put everything at performance instead of quality
i can read all of them now
and dafauq? just because its free then that doesnt have to mean its unreadable

Linus

[d¿s]

armaa 2 free does have lower textures, and it does actually affect day z.

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from Linus

armaa 2 free does have lower textures, and it does actually affect day z.

Yes but it doesn’t effect the fonts on signs or the debug monitor in the top right corner or the map;)

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

edit: lol didnt see other post :D

so my suggestion of checking drivers was correct :P

I only suggested that the Free ArmA 2 thing was the cause of it because on mumble you said your drivers were set to default already.

Last edited by skeej,

NeuTronas

Well I am using Arma 2 and my friend Arma 2 free. I can’t see any difference between screenshots of mine and him in DayZ.

Hat

protips:

install arma 2 beta – gives you more servers to join, is backwards compatible and i believe it has bugfixes? not sure – but there really is no good reason NOT to get it

download the latest beta (THE ONE IN THE GREEN BANNER AT THE TOP) here:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

then follow the installation instructions for dayz with arma 2 beta patches here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2728714

i have the following launch options that GREATLY improved my fps, it wont work for everyone but it worked for me:

-beta=Expansionbeta;ca;ExpansionbetaExpansion -mod=@DayZ;ca -cpuCount=4 -exThread=8 -maxmem=4096 -winXP -world=empty -nosplash -nointro

the main things to note here are -winXP (i believe it forces dx 9 mode which gave me a massive fps improvement) and -world=empty (which reduces loading times)

the other options dont really impact performance much so they probably arent really needed

the most important gameplay tip(s) are probably to be as careful and as patient as possible, especially when entering villages/cities as you really dont want to pull any zombies at all because it will likely lead to a chain reaction of constantly pulling a huge amount of zombies, but if you do pull one then the best way to deal with it is to immeadiately run indoors as zombies cant run inside buildings, and then kill it with your quietest weapon

also kill every survivor you meet, there is no good reason not to as you can loot all their gear and be better off for it – they will likely do the same to you if they see you first

and lastly, find a fun group to play with – it makes the experience 10x better

Traxantic

TLR

protip: dont shoot with an enfield in town >_>

Henghast

open
bobs

Quoted from Traxantic

protip: dont shoot with an enfield in town >_>

Pffft that’s no fun! Enfield in town, fire off 20 shots on zombies in electro out of boredom. Throw some flares about and have yourself a party. Guarenteed guests.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

+1 to Hat. Imma try the beta patch right now.

Quoted from Hat

and lastly, find a fun group to play with – it makes the experience 10x better

Also try and find a group that is roughly as experienced as you are. One of the biggest joys of this game is the exploration bit, the finding out how everything works, what stuff you can find, what stupid actions will lead to your death, etc.

And play on US servers when you’re playing late, so that it will still be daytime on the server, unless you got balls, because nighttime is a bitch. You can find EU servers that will be daytime at night, but they’re rare.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 25 Next »