Multitasking too? :D[…]

I have no problem multitasking whatsoever

Last edited by Andee,

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]

Task Killer is useless on high end phones like Arc.

Why’s that?

Quoted from nTraum

[…]

Just no.

Mm, why?
‘works’ pretty good on mine, updated daily

Last edited by Kvux,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

S3 out on Thursday…nice.

Still got a tiny screen, my screen-peen is soooo much bigger.

Note FTW!

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Andee

Or just get a iphone 4s and everything works fine ;)

I love how you put an apple product and the word works in one sentence

Nokia 3210 is still the best phone in existence.
It.
Never.
Breaks.
Still my festival phone after, what, 500 years.

Clark

SDCK!

One of HTC phones.
Seriously, they are great.

LikeThis

Got a HTC One X, it’s an utter beast with a screen to match. It’s pretty cheap right now too, i got myself and my girlfriend one on release day.

wrock

vier

Quoted from Pynklùùùnningen

Nokia 3210 is still the best phone in existence.
It.
Never.
Breaks.
Still my festival phone after, what, 500 years.

Chad

.:EnG!:.
<3

I’d suggest waiting til November-ish til you decide what phone to buy because that’s when most phone manufacturers have released all their goods and are preparing for next year’s stuff.HTC One X is great but keep in mind there’s a software related issue where the 5th core of tegra 3’s processor draws too much battery that causes it to drain around 20% faster.HTC still haven’t released an official fix(they prolly will soon) but if you’ve got the time you could always root and fix the problem yourself.Also bear in mind HTC One X doesn’t have a removable battery.

Samsung are gonna announce S3 in a couple of days and according to rumors the phone sounds like a fucking monster with its EXYNOS 1.5 Ghz quad core processor but still,it hasn’t been benchmarked against Tegra 3.

One more thing,Android doesn’t need a task killer program because it ALREADY has one built-in which AUTOMATICALLY closes your on-going applications based on their function and priority.Task killers do not save up battery life,at least not on android.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

WP8 in October, waiting for that.

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from Chad

One more thing,Android doesn’t need a task killer program because it ALREADY has one built-in which AUTOMATICALLY closes your on-going applications based on their function and priority.Task killers do not save up battery life,at least not on android.

Well, it’s quite useless then. Before I started closing shit with Task killer, shit just kept on running. And I’m pretty sure Angry birds aren’t a priority for the phone.. Or maybe it’s just me, either way. My phone feels faster with me using TK to close all the bullshit which runs in the background (facebook, wimp, games you’ve recently had open and what not)

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Kvux is right, Android scheduling/prioritizing is never perfect, and if you have a look at for instance xda-developers, many people have released their kernels with custom ram management settings. There is no “definite” perfect setting, therefore a task killer COULD always come in handy. The big “at least Android can do real multitasking” argument is not compatible with “using a taskkiller will gain you 0% advantage on any field (performance, battery usage)”. These 2 statements are mutually exclusive. If there’s nothing going on in the background (and therefore, nothing taking up memory or cpu cycles) then there is no real multitasking going on.

The question that remains is, how much performance/battery life does one gain from putting one’s time and effort into managing their apps manually from time to time using such a task killer? Thát might not be worth it, indeed.

Last edited by skeej,

Jorman

EPA

I don’t like Samsungs, so I would suggest to wait for the new Sony (ex-Ericsson) phones to release and then choose the one you like the most, based off reviews or whatnot. Android is great!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »