Forum

CRTs vs LCDs

Created 20th February 2009 @ 16:22

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Hey, Im a big CRT fan, and basically I’ve been trying to convince some dumbasses that CRTs are better.

Can I get some backup?

Jonni

[FB]

CRT atm still has a higher refresh rate than any plasma/LCD screen so you’ll have less delay between whats happening and whats on your screen. I still use a CRT but only cause i don’t have the money to buy an LCD.

conclusion: in theory CRT is still better for gaming but imo you don’t notice the difference with the newest LCD’s anymore.

SMB

obs.
[KB]

Technically, at the moment CRTs are better, although the milliseconds of delay that are associated with LCDs is questionable as to whether it effects your game or not.

Besides, it means you can pick up a 22″+ CRT from the bay for relatively nothing! :P

Plus the fact that a LCD will give you 16:10/16:9 rather than 4:3, so you gain viewpoint in games.

Zipok

Prefer LCD, so easy and painless to carry with you to a LAN :)

Digiwill

=[IDK]=

I’ve put my CRT into the wall so it looks like an LCD, pretty cool huh?

Waebi

‹Con›

17″ LCD in Laptop. Horror for most ppl i guess.

Also, it’s shiny. :S

Rele

LCD tbh :)

You dont notice the difference of the delay (5ms or 1ms is pretty much the same for humans).

You dont notice the higher framerate (human eye).

CRT’s radiate.

CRT’s need more electric current.

CRT’s are dark.

nvc

crt’s are only a tiny bit better now because soon the new 120hz lcd’s are released ( such as the viewsonic vx2265 )

but before these new lcd’s, CRTS dominate LCD’s for FPS games WITH A MOUSE… nothing else :) imo… i can’t wait for these new 120hz lcd’s, i hate this big monitor, its only good for me being an aimbot

mb

keso

LCD ftw. Clearer picture, better coloring, widescreen and with 2 ms response time you won’t notice any difference to a CRT.

nvc

LCD ftw. Clearer picture, better coloring, widescreen and with 2 ms response time you won’t notice any difference to a CRT.

wrong, standard lcd’s at 60hz are ALOT different

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Yeah, people saying that human eye can’t make out the difference between 60 and 100 fps are greatly mistaken. It’s easily seen in for example weapons wobble. Besides the choppyness of 60 fps causes me a headache. Crt > lcd for now, need to check back when the 120hz lcd’s come out.

ONlock

YOYO\'

Love my 144hz CRT! :D

CRT it is for me, even if LCD’s are sexy.

seraph

rEJ

personally, I’d rather a nice clean non-migraine inducing LCD to blasting electrons into my face, any day.

Ino

dp.
dp.

I can’t get more than 60 fps on my machine anyway, so LCD is good enough for me ;)

Wlv

RaWr ::

Your eyes actually can not see more than ~60fps, but thats in real life vision, i.e walking down a road.

Games are designed in a way that, the higher the fps the smoother the game, so when your fps is as low as 60, you will notice a huge difference in almost every aspect when it reaches 100

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »