Created 20th February 2009 @ 16:22

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Hopefully they’ll read this :(

Bones

[SAS]
[SAS]

Used a CRT for a month, got 2 migrains, switched back to LCD and have had no migrains for 4 months.

Notice the pattern?

Wlv

RaWr ::

^^ More than likely linked to your CRT’s refresh rate.

Grem

rEJ
TG

Aye, been using the Dell 19inch CRT for like 3 years now and never suffered from any sort of migraine. The downside are of course the obvious ones. It’s a behemoth and takes up majority of the desk space, very power hungry and quite an eye sore. I’ve been thinking of investing on a new LCD (24 inch), but I read the previous post we had here on someone wanting to buy an LCD and nvc posted that Viewsonic link and I held back. Any idea when that’s gonna be released. Even though I love my CRT, I think time has come to kick it to the curb :( I heard Samsung T-series are quite good?

Assault Marine Sigh

going form an crt 17inch to a lcd 19inch wide, i have to say I can see little difference between the 2 other than the 19inch is much more convienient and much better on the eyes.
On top of that my game performance didnt deteriorate and if anything feels better to play on.

I have to agree with the whole 60fps/100fps arguement, you ‘do’ see a difference. The game feels smoother and quicker in some aspects to me at least.
But I dont see anything wrong with 60fps…

Crunchy

i was using 2 crts, had no problems, but now that i have 2 wide screen lcds i couldnt go back, for one they look sexier and are in wide screen :D 2 the 2 of them dont draw as much energy as even 1 crt :D

Ypsy

Have never used anything else than CRTs. Only played a few hours on LCDs and really hated it :(

sherpa

CRTs are superior for gaming as the higher refresh rate makes it easier to track as you can keep vsync on and have a good frame-rate.

Unfortunately, CRTs are bad for your eyes comparted to TFTs.

Personally I use TFTs. As fun as games are it’s not worth my health.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Waiting for the 120Hz Samsung LCD….

Qun

GoT<3

I’m still doubting what to do, because I can trade my Philips 19″ TFT for a Samsung 997MB 19″.
I really want the higher refresh rate, but I doubt if it’s any better for TF2.

dr.Justice

≧◡≦

“Waiting for the 120Hz Samsung LCD…”

Waiting for this as well but was seriously tempted to buy a FW900 the other day, need more will power!

uvio

Using LG L226WTQ with vsync enabled, yes yes.
Good screen but 1 1/2 gen old.
I expect to go for one of the new LG IPS panels in summer.

My first TFT did 75hz@1280×1024 and i couldn’t get used to one with 60Hz for some time. Guess the brain has to adjust.
What’s most important for gaming is input lag and there are some really crappy screens out there in that regard. :)

120Hz nom nom nom.
Tried it on an TFT-TV, but guess what, half a second input lag, … Not playable but looked damn nice on 42″.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2