Forum

The Price Of Vision.

Created 19th January 2009 @ 16:01

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I wish to buy a screen :-) My screen is poorly and will soon die. I dont mind the size really 17″ and up is all good, and anything that can display high res and looks beautifull!
I am willing to pay up to 200 squid but would rather pay around £150 mark.
Could anyone suggest a decent gaming monitor at all?
Much Love.
Your best friend Tapley.

N/A

RaWr ::

You could easily get a nice 22″ Samsung for that mate.. Try searching for Samsung SyncMaster2253bw

byte

Tapley u crazy mofo! for 200 squids u can get a decent monitor i’d seriously suggest from

http://www.overclockers.co.uk

One thing u need to be aware of m8 is the ms response, so for example if your 17inch is 2ms then ur gonna need a 2ms response monitor m8. So make sure of that :D

Cheers

Byte

dr.Justice

≧◡≦

A good place to compare features is here http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6 I would suggest like byte has said a low ms screen. If you play with vsync on to remove tearing you will also want a screen with low input lag. Explanation of input lag can be found here http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/featurescontent.htm#input_lag

nvc

wait 1 month and buy viewsonic vx2265 120hz lcd screen (: i will buy it

otherwise i recommend viewsonic vx2260wm – 16:9, 1920×1080 (1080p hdmi)

Akill

On my first computer buy i made the mistake of overlooking the monitor, nevertheless though £200 went on an lcd screen. cheapest i could find at the time with a DVI port on it

SfynX

T2P

iv got the 2233BW and its fantastic, defo worth the money

id prefer u buy it from overclockers or scan thinki its bout 170 each way

Anathema

Samsung Syncmaster 226BW ftw :)

eoN^

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=T220&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=if

The Samsung T220, best response time, contrast ratio, etc etc etc. There is also a TV version which is HD (a bit more expensive) I got the T220 (non-HD) and im lovin it :) Used to use a 19″ and it makes it sooo much easier to snipe on a 22″…

Also I’m currently running duel monitors and it works a treat :3

|

:D

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Cheers for all the replies homies! Much love and props to your various mothers.

I’ll have a gander at the one nvc and eon suggested!
Care to duel it out and which one is better ? :)

Decided to treat myself to a cuddlesworthy screen as last month had to fork out on an engagement ring(Yes im not gay!), so it was either a screen or a datsun sunny.

Chubbsta

and you’re going with the screen, wtf!! :P

I was looking at getting a new monitor before i managed to blag getting it exchanged and had settle upon the T220. Saying that, the viewsonic nvc mentioned does look sexy! :D

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Got a Samsung SyncMastert220 in the end from pc world(shh) in store its £200 but i ordered it from their website and picked it up in store for £180 ^_^.
Looks beautifull from having played on my last monitor for 6 years!
Cheers all

Norris

I also got the T220 since tuesday and i’m quite disappointed. sure 2ms reactiontime sounds great. but don’t let you fool yourself. its more like 30. even if you use RTA mode 2 which is hidden in the OSD you still get 16ms – not THAT bad. but the biggest problem is that this TFT comes around with a noticeable input lag. at least I can clearly feel the difference between my CRT and this Panel. It’s like your mouse/keyboard doesn’t respond in time, which is a huge letdown in fast 1v1 situations. There is absolutely no way for me to stay with it. I’ll bring it back this weekend. shame everything apart from the gaming ability seams to be great.. :{

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Yeah i noticed that as well, but in tf2 theres an option (tft 1600 x res) or somthing? Which when changed to that gives you the decent resolutions for that monitor, the best being 1640×1120? or somthing i cant remember, but once you’ve got that selected it actually feels normal. Also make sure you’ve installed the driver from the cd

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Go on ebay and pickup a high hz CRT for 50 quid

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »