Forum

UK internet dying slowly?

Created 2nd February 2011 @ 20:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Swarlz

[…]

I dont know the figures or any data behind smoking and the economy and frankly I don’t care. Their are far greater problems with the budget spending of the government, however I believe what he’s trying to say is although smoking does come with an increase in profit for the government the NHS does not see that profit because of the awefull spending of our shitty country. Therefore the NHS itself makes a loss although the country as a whole brings in a proft.

and as such he has completely misread what i said.

Wabbeh

He said: Government makes money on smoking
You said: he said NHS makes money from smoking
I said: nope.

Cheez

Strange, these last few days have been the only ones in the last 4 months or so where my internet has been playable. Maybe i’m stealing all your internets.

Squeak

I don’t know if this has been linked
http://twitpic.com/3wvys7
Is it true!?”

Waebi

‹Con›

of course it’s true, Squeak. In reality, for most of us it won’t matter fuck all, because our ISPs have a) already enough IPs for the next few years at least, or b) implemented some kind of NAT+IP masquerading, iirc that’s what came up in the “account sharing” discussion that was held not too long ago. That about right, Chris?
edit: also, it will make for good April fool’s jokes in newspapers.

Last edited by Waebi,

HaKo

Poo
Poo

guys what does :x mean?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Waebi

of course it’s true, Squeak. In reality, for most of us it won’t matter fuck all, because our ISPs have a) already enough IPs for the next few years at least, or b) implemented some kind of NAT+IP masquerading, iirc that’s what came up in the “account sharing” discussion that was held not too long ago.

it will matter, but not immediately. all it means is that once all blocks are allocated there are no more to be distributed, but most ISPs have agreed allocations anyway.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7