Forum

headphones

Created 26th January 2011 @ 12:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

I see that people have suggested lots of headphones here also. When it comes to headset’s tho there is nothing better than Sennheiser PC350. Absolutely nothing. Though if OP feels he has extra money to spend then I suggest you get a proper Headphones + Desktop mic.

Here is my setup: HD650 with Pro-Ject Head Box SE II (amplifier, my headphones needs the extra kick to work properly) and Logitech Desktop Mic. This might be a overkill if you only play games with your computer, but as a techie and music friend I find it really good for all possible uses.

Last edited by naMu,

I have a pair of gaming Sennheisers, a pair of Senns for listening to music at home, three pairs of sennheisers for when im out and about, a pair of sennheisers for work and a pair for special occasions and new music releases.

I recently tried a pair of top range Dr.Dres, and ill give him credit they were damn good, but i dont want to pay all of that money for the name AND pay for laser surgery for my sennheiser tattoo. Go Sennheiser.

Last edited by Chaplain,

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

If you want to go cheap I can also recommend you the Sennheiser PC151 for ~€50. http://i1.expansys.com/img/b/156100/sennheiser-pc-151-stereo-headset.jpg I’ve been using different incarnations of this headset for the past 6-7 years. PC350 looks like a solid choice though.

Last edited by ell,

bennY

dp.

Quoted from quad

SS 5H v2.

JackieBoy

LTG.

Quoted from naMu

I see that people have suggested lots of headphones here also. When it comes to headset’s tho there is nothing better than Sennheiser PC350.

PC360 any diffrent?

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

Quoted from JackieBoy

[…]
PC360 any diffrent?

Specs wise no. Biggest difference between these headsets are that PC350 are fully closed cups and they cancel around 38dp noise around you. So they are extremely nice @ lans.

PC360 are half open, so they have a bit better sound quality, but they don’t cancel so much noise around you as the previous model. I bet there is always minor tweaks and possibly better mic in them too. But main difference them being half open cups.

JackieBoy

LTG.

Quoted from naMu

[…]

Specs wise no. Biggest difference between these headsets are that PC350 are fully closed cups and they cancel around 38dp noise around you. So they are extremely nice @ lans.

PC360 are half open, so they have a bit better sound quality, but they don’t cancel so much noise around you as the previous model. I bet there is always minor tweaks and possibly better mic in them too. But main difference them being half open cups.

Awesome, thx honey <3

Quoted from vani

Steelseries Sibera (v2) are very good. Good sound & comfort, the base might be a little bit weak but its very clean sound.
Be warned, if you have glasses they put a lot of preasure on the bows, at first I wanted to scream “Wtf how can they not warn people who wear glasses about this!” but if you have the time/will to adjust, youll get used to it after a week.

I’ve got glasses and the Siberia headset (v1), but still sometimes I have to take the headset off like after 1,5 hours of having it on.
The are otherwise a good and a reliable headset.

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

Quoted from happy little boozer

[…]
I’ve got glasses and the Siberia headset (v1), but still sometimes I have to take the headset off like after 1,5 hours of having it on.
The are otherwise a good and a reliable headset.

no. they are piece of shit. anyone arguing different has never tried a proper headphones on their head… ever. reason why i can make this claim is that all my Hi-Fi for past 10 years has been headphones, someone even might be calling me a fanatic. I have had several different heaphones ranging from prices 150-600 euros and several different amplifiers to accomppany them. Try out lots of different headphones and headsets and you guys will notice the difference.

main difference is that proper headsets costs money and it’s not only the company name what costs or the ex. super internet gamer heroes who promote them.

Last edited by naMu,

Quoted from naMu

[…]

no. they are piece of shit. anyone arguing different has never tried a proper headphones on their head… ever. reason why i can make this claim is that all my Hi-Fi for past 10 years has been headphones, someone even might be calling me a fanatic. I have had several different heaphones ranging from prices 150-600 euros and several different amplifiers to accomppany them. Try out lots of different headphones and headsets and you guys will notice the difference.

main difference is that proper headsets costs money and it’s not only the company name what costs or the ex. super internet gamer heroes who promote them.

They’re good considering the older version is quite cheap. They’ve worked well for me.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from naMu

[…]

For gaming it wont make a difference, and for music I just find headphones annoying to wear and lacking in stereo imaging (as in proper imaging, not over pronounced). Nothing beats a good pair of speakers in terms of presence. So in my opinion its a waste of money to spend big bucks on headphones used for gaming.

I do agree that those gaming headsets are pretty shit :D. I use cheap (~90-120 euros) AKG headphones for gaming. I use the same mic as you.

Last edited by Koeitje,

ZeyOrk

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Steelseries Sibera’s are the best headset i’ve ever had, won’t break after a few weeks like others i’ve had, looks good, sounds good, FEELS GOOD.

sounds like my girl ;)

Sunbather

maksa

I have a Sony mdr xb-500 its an awesome headphone for the price, its rly comfortable and stuff. I just use a shitty logitech mic. I think theese gaming stuff are overrated

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

For gaming it wont make a difference, and for music I just find headphones annoying to wear and lacking in stereo imaging (as in proper imaging, not over pronounced). Nothing beats a good pair of speakers in terms of presence. So in my opinion its a waste of money to spend big bucks on headphones used for gaming.

I do agree that those gaming headsets are pretty shit :D. I use cheap (~90-120 euros) AKG headphones for gaming. I use the same mic as you.

AKG’s in most cases are top notch quality headphones (with few exceptions). I like them a lot. Using speakers or headphones in most cases is just opinions of the listener. I prefer headphones over speakers because I can block out every other sound from the outside world and just go deep end of the enjoying the music. Like in everything, it’s just everyone’s personal opinions.

and I agree in the point that it’s waste of money to use big bucks to gaming headset, but I recommended PC350’s (or PC360) because they are the best ones I have ever tried on. I would not consider ~120-140 euros to be a huge investment in headphones what has simply the best comfort, build quality, sound quality and longevity compared to any other “insert-a-cool-gaming-hardware-manufacturer-name-here” headphones. I am also hoping that other big headphone manufacturers would do something for gamers and people would actually start understand how big the difference is compared to those pieces of shit for headsets, witch gaming hardware manufacturers sell.

Quoted from Sunbather

I have a Sony mdr xb-500 its an awesome headphone for the price, its rly comfortable and stuff. I just use a shitty logitech mic. I think theese gaming stuff are overrated

I have also tested those headphones, I liked the quality of them, but I didn’t much care for the shape or size of the cups. Makes my ears hurt because of earrings.

Last edited by naMu,

TviQ

ft.

Razer megalodon iz zhe bezt

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »