Forum

LERN ENGILS WIT SPIEK

Created 13th December 2010 @ 15:21

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

I welcome all forms of entertainment into my thread, so Mr. Jones is more than welcome to join in and continue making a fool of himself.

By the way, has anyone considered that the opening post to this thread was meant to be amusing, and not as serious as most people here are making it out to be?

Quoted from Spike Himself

By the way, has anyone considered that the opening post to this thread was meant to be amusing

it wasn’t, lol

now, how about you two actually reply to my posts instead of dropping random insults?

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Spike, don’t lie. You take this thing very seriously. And there’s nothing wrong with that :D

Quoted from Morphine

Spoken language features integral to internet discourse. Standard grammar and informality not expected.

Surely you mean “formality”? I don’t think you can categorize all internet discourse as the same thing. A chat is more akin to talking, but a forum is something entirely different. You can think as long as you want about the formulation of your reply.

Quoted from Skyride

Language is used to convey information and ideas. Sure its nice if the grammar is bang on perfect, but there really isn’t any “proper” English. “Proper English” today is massively different from “Proper English” 100 years ago, and 100 years prior to that and so on.

As long as the reader gets your point, it’s good enough.

Yes, as long as the reader gets the point, or WANTS to get the point. If one’s posts are riddled with spelling and grammar errors, people might not be interested in reading them, or won’t take the person seriously at all. Verbal communication is better when it adheres to a certain standard, which ensures as many people as possible will understand the idea that the writer wanted to convey effectively. *Oh, I just read Fluffy’s post, saying the same thing*

edit: Omg its d1ck jones again. Go play TF2 or something?

Last edited by skeej,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from d1ck j0nes

now, how about you two actually reply to my posts instead of dropping random insults?

How about we don’t? :)

Quoted from skeej

Spike, don’t lie. You take this thing very seriously. And there’s nothing wrong with that :D

I won’t deny I take this stuff seriously, but this thread *is* supposed to be amusing. I guess the opening post kinda failed to create the “omg lol that’s exactly what I do!” feeling it had intended to. Was kinda hoping people would relate to it and laugh at themselves.

Quoted from skeej

A chat is more akin to talking, but a forum is something entirely different. You can think as long as you want about the formulation of your reply.

Agreed. On irc/steam chat I’ll happily type stuff like “dont” and “cant”, and I’ll more often than not “forget” to capitalise anything and everything.

If I’m trying to get a point across in a forum post, however, I’ll do my best to make sure it’s readable, because it’s simply fucking annoying when you can’t understand someone, especially considering they had all the time in the world to post/re-read it. Also, 90% of my posts are edited shortly after being posted! I also use the word “also” a lot. That be my poor vocabulary.

Pendji

spike > brits

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Pendji

spike> lots of brits

Fixed for you :)

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

It is quite baffling how some people, despite English being their first language, are absolutely dire at spelling. I mean, grammatic errors sure, but misspelling words constantly? Maybe you should consider Google Chrome or something to spell-check everything you write automatically for you.

Last edited by Rake,

vaxjo

Hey dats!

fuck off

Extremer

Quoted from vaxjo

fuck off

:(

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

It’s peculiar how most of the d00ds in this thread who “don’t care” and try to shift the focus onto the people who bring this up are mostly British.

Incidentally my biggest annoyance when it comes to traditional spelling mistakes made by the British is the replacement of ‘have’ with ‘of.’
i.e. he should of done that

I’m looking at you, Byte.

Phrozen

?

Quoted from BERSERKER

I

We’re looking at you, Byte.

Quoted from octochris

[…]

he seems to have slipped the net on the SPUF ‘dribbling mess’ filter…

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

How about we don’t? :)

flawless victory. now, in accordance with your other posts:

Quoted from vaxjo

fuck off

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from BERSERKER

It’s peculiar how most of the d00ds in this thread who “don’t care” and try to shift the focus onto the people who bring this up are mostly British.

Incidentally my biggest annoyance when it comes to traditional spelling mistakes made by the British is the replacement of ‘have’ with ‘of.’
i.e. he should of done that

Well I sure don’t type ‘of’, in that context. But most people would say ‘of’ instead of ‘have’ yes. I’m sure it’s the same in most languages, there’s always a few things like that.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Permzilla

I’m sure it’s the same in most languages, there’s always a few things like that.

Oh, that’s okay then!

…?

You have a pending friend invite Spike.
^^

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 Next »