Forum

The well #6 - FB

Created 2nd December 2010 @ 08:24

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from skeej

[…]

what? you got me scared there.. i have the same “deficiency” in my cfg.. but I’ve never suddenly ubered :S

then you have -attack2 somewhere.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from Spank

Whats more attractive, a plus-sized model or an anorectic one (male or female)?

Everyone in FB likes anorectic males (FISSHUUUU)
Quoted from Spank

When will we see Fisshu on the cover of Vogue?

When his gf gets sick of the kebab smell.
Quoted from Spank

Why haven’t you asked us to be your 2nd squad?

You could just tell your team you want to fold within the next 2 months, no need to get us involved.
And a big thanks for all you have done for the community!![/quote]

Stew

Quoted from skeej

[…]

what? you got me scared there.. i have the same “deficiency” in my cfg.. but I’ve never suddenly ubered :S

That’s cuz u always die after using your uber :D

Edd

T2P

who has been your best medic? and why?

crzfst

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

nope. It won’t do -attack2, which means it’ll be like you’ve kept holding down mouse2 and uber as soon as its charged.

Lies. It works fine for me & i don’t have -attack2 anywhere in my config.

octochris

(0v0)

people who are saying it works for them don’t understand how aliases work.

bind “mouse2” “+attack2;someothercommands”

will work just fine because the + in +attack2 indicates continuous execution until release.

alias “uber” “+attack2”
bind “mouse2” “uber”

will cause the problem skyride is describing because ‘uber’ is a command executed one time with no withdrawal — +attack2 will be executed until -attack2 is issued manually, or +attack2 is reissued and withdrawn.

crzfst

Quoted from octochris

people who are saying it works for them don’t understand how aliases work.

will work just fine because the + in +attack2 indicates continuous execution until release.

alias “uber” “+attack2”
bind “mouse2” “uber”

will cause the problem skyride is describing because ‘uber’ is a command executed one time with no withdrawal — +attack2 will be executed until -attack2 is issued manually, or +attack2 is reissued and withdrawn.

I don’t need to understand how aliases work if everything works fine without them. =]

Skyride

DUCS

Bassically, if you make an alias with a “+” at the start and bind it to a key, TF2 will do the alias with the “+” at the start when you press the button, and then automatically try to do the same alias but with a “-” at the start instead when you lift the button. By putting +attack2 in an alias, TF2 will never do -attack2, which is EXACTLY the same as never lifting your finger off in the first place.

If you want to see it works, go join a random server now, pick heavy, and type “+attack2” in console. He’ll spin up with you holding any keys down, and stay spun up. If you press/hold mouse2, you’ll notice he spins down when you RELEASE mouse2 (because releasing mouse2 triggered -attack2).

Even better, just try typing +attack2 in console, then typing -attack2.

fyi, this works for any button on your mouse/keyboard, and even though attack2 is an actual in-game command, the +/- thing works exactly the same for aliases.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from crzfst

Lies. It works fine for me & i don’t have -attack2 anywhere in my config.

Quoted from crzfst

I don’t need to understand how aliases work if everything works fine without them. =]

Don’t comment on something you don’t know about then. I don’t usually correct people on really fiddly technical things, its just I know the amount of rage it would cause if a teams medic spent an entire PCW ubering instantly when he reached 100% even if its not his fault due to a dodgy config. Most of the configs floating about (I swear I gave you mines agessss ago anyways :P) do have it in there.

Last edited by Skyride,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I think everyone knows how +attack2 works. And everyone assumed that if you bind something to +attack2;otherstuff , it automatically does -attack when you let go of the button bound to that. The only thing that confused people and made this whole unneccesary discussion emerge, was the fact that you made a completely false statement Skyride :P

Quoted from Skyride

“bind mouse2 “+attack2; say_team UBERED GOGO” ?”

nope. It won’t do -attack2, which means it’ll be like you’ve kept holding down mouse2 and uber as soon as its charged.

Quoted from octochris

So like you said yourself: Don’t comment on something you don’t know about then.

edit: Sry for thread hijack Arie :(

Last edited by skeej,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from Edd

who has been your best medic? and why?

Mirelin. Epic dodging.

tasKu

e-famous

Quoted from Arie

[…]

Mirelin. Epic dodging.

True dat

kaidus

WiK?

If mirelin was as good at avoiding bad situations as he is at getting out of them…

Last edited by kaidus,

Skyride

DUCS

Ok, last post about this, sorry Arie. :(

Was talking to skeej on IRC, got this sorted, he is correct and I misunderstood his point.

if you do like:

bind "mouse2" "+attack2 ; I AM SHINY"

it’ll work perfectly, because the mouse command is treating say_team and +attack2 totally seperately (which is completely new to me, I have never noticed this before and I think Chris hasn’t noticed this either), where as if +attack2 as inside an alias and mouse2 was bound to that alias instead, it wouldn’t treat the 2 commands seperately, so -attack2 would never get called.

tl;dr : I’m wrong about something and I apologise to Skeej. :P

crzfst

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

[…]

Don’t comment on something you don’t know about then. I don’t usually correct people on really fiddly technical things, its just I know the amount of rage it would cause if a teams medic spent an entire PCW ubering instantly when he reached 100% even if its not his fault due to a dodgy config. Most of the configs floating about (I swear I gave you mines agessss ago anyways :P) do have it in there.

Can you find me the quote where i’m saying something about alias? As i said, i don’t need to know anything about some aliases, i just said that you lied and that command will work fine.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »