Forum

The well

Created 24th November 2010 @ 12:38

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »

Jh

Hey dats!

Quoted from dannye

How are you?

It’s -20c outside, so I can’t go skiing, which sucks, so I’m not great.

clippen

How many estimated hours as sniper have you racked up during your gaming career?

Also +1 on Auto-Aim 2. The first Auto-aim was the reason why I started playing tf2.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

+1 on Auto-aim 2. Still one of the most iconic frag vids around.

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

At top level play, is it better to depend on aim more than gamesense or other way around? Also, what got you into k-pop ㅋㅋㅋ

Jh

Hey dats!

Quoted from Spike Himself

I can beat div2/3 scouts in 1v1 dm (mge mod for example), but in 6v6 I can’t play above a low div6 level (which is pretty fucking embarssing considering I have 550+ hours as scout in total).
I’m usually the first to die on mid (scout duel under bridge on badlands for example; they see me = i die). When I get an opportunity for a medic pick, I know 100% sure that I won’t hit any shots as soon as the medic comes in sight. Etc.
Does this sound familiar to you, and if so, why is this and what can I do about it?

Sounds like a standard case of not having enough experience. Dm only trains one part of your game (aim/movement) and it effectively cuts down your real playtime to like 2-300h~~. The difference between a premier scout and a div3 scout is not aim, it’s decision making and game sense. When you get into terrible situations, you’re gonna feel nervous, uncomfortable etc., and miss your shots. But if you play smart and create “easy” situations for yourself, the game will feel like a breeze.

Teamwork also makes the game a lot “easier”. Don’t play solo. Don’t try to duel a scout under the bridge when you could be ganging up against a demo with your scout buddy or simply following your soldiers when they jump on the enemy train.

Last edited by Jh,

Jh

Hey dats!

Quoted from kuma

How long did it take to get your scout partnership with Shintaz to the level it is today? Did you do any bonding out of TF2 or special drills like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJqwMu9kuRg?

We hit it off instantly. We just shoot the shit on mumble during the matches. Rofling and lolling. It’s a way of life.

“Which side do you usually play jh?”
-left

“ok, I’ll go right”
-ballin

Jh

Hey dats!

Quoted from clippen

How many estimated hours as sniper have you racked up during your gaming career?

Also +1 on Auto-Aim 2. The first Auto-aim was the reason why I started playing tf2.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jh/stats/TF2
647h

Jh

Hey dats!

Quoted from Morphine

At top level play, is it better to depend on aim more than gamesense or other way around? Also, what got you into k-pop ㅋㅋㅋ

Game sense imho.

A friend linked me to some soshi in january. I knew of the kpop scene because I already followed the starcraft scene, so after the standard kpop initiation (soshi, wg, kara etc) I just dug deeper and found other cool groups too. wg blows though.

taeyeon imba

Last edited by Jh,

baerbel

trick17
trick17

when i shoot ppl i usually do about 10-30 on midrange. whats the secret on hitting 50+ even when you are far away.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

How do you improve as a team: mainly in terms of comms and positioning, or should it come over time?

Jh

Hey dats!

Quoted from baerbel

when i shoot ppl i usually do about 10-30 on midrange. whats the secret on hitting 50+ even when you are far away.

Better off asking wltrs.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

1 baby nailed to 10 trees or 10 babies nailed to 1 tree?

Last edited by GibbZ,

Extremer

How do you get ~100g of protein per day?

josku

what about posting a pic of yourself? we are all gonna jerk off

Jh

Hey dats!

Quoted from CrashSite

How do you improve as a team: mainly in terms of comms and positioning, or should it come over time?

You get better by staying together, cutting the weak links (usually people who dont commit as much as you do) and ofc by becoming friends with your team mates. Playing with buddies is hella funny. Luckily, my online friends in epsilon are also fucking sick at tf2 so I’m never bored during matches.

As far as comms….. :D:D:DD:D:D:D
the day I release (probs through mge) a CENSORED mumble recording of epsilon vs some top team in an important match, all the conventional shit you knew about proper comms just gets fucked and thrown away. the shit we comm is just rofl

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »