BACΩN |
бекон

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/41746/Retail-threatens-Steam-ban

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/41747/Valve-monopoly-is-killing-PC-market

Wtf?

Last edited by Crasp,

octochris

(0v0)

I don’t buy games off the shelf any more anyway. As a general rule, if they’re not on Steam I don’t buy them.

Steam has much more agreeable DRM than Safedisc/SecuROM/whatever, much better ideas of users owning the property even with DRM in place, and has the simplest update system of any online CDN.

If retailers boycott Steam what will happen is they will lose business, not Steam.

Spike Himself

TC

You can buy games in stores? You have to go OUTSIDE to BUY GAMES!?!?
This is madness!

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Pff what games retailer stocks a decent rack of PC games these days anyway, that isnt 10 year old games like Theme Hospital for a fiver. Its the shops fault they stopped selling a wide range of PC games in the first place…

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

They are just digging their own grave. Looks like they are just jealous because Valve figured out how to server their audience properly. I don’t want to go back to ’99 in terms of convenience.

Last edited by Koeitje,

LikeThis

Unsurprising.

Have you been into say Game or Gamestation recently? The pc section is a teeny tiny part of the store now, usually in the back corner covered in dust.

They choose to staff their stores with dullards who don’t give a crap about games and know little about anything outside of nintendogs for ds. The few times when i have bought some things from such stores I’ve been patronized with such terms as, “This is an online game, do you have an internet connection?” and “This is the expansion, you need the original game to play this first.”

The prices are also stupid, sure you can get a decent price if you look around a bit but the big shops such as game sell things ~£5 to £10 more expensive than other places and there’s never any sign of any deals or offers.

Plus the weather here sucks and i don’t want to go outside in the rain. :)

RaCio

GoT²

I remember impulse saving my password in plain-text in a file in my documents

And that was supposed to be one of the better alteratives to steam…

boomeh

Tplay

only an idiot would walk to a shop when you can just press your mouse button like 5 times and buy a game

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Hilarious :D

quad

I remember with SecuROM, it was only possible to install the game like 3 times, and then it will become unusable or something..

Ghent

Team

I can only find 2 pc games in town, WoW and bus simulator.

fe

Games are much cheaper in russian stores than in steam, but online stores still gives better offer (but here we need to be carefull cuz we have a lot hackers, sometimes games are bought from stolen cards and steam blocks account).

Orchid

|=3

Retailers vs Steam : The last stand.

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Something tells me Gabe Newell doesn’t give a shit about some Uk game retailers that make up a tiny percentage of sales .

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

What a shame. I bought TF2 from a store as well :((

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »