Forum

Recommend some headphones

Created 13th September 2010 @ 19:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

So my old headset is starting to pack it in, it worked kind of well but now it is getting terrible interference.

So basically if people could recommend me a headset that fits the following guidelines it would be great:

– Must not be USB headphones
– Max price about £50
– Must have decent mic/sound quality, I listen to a lot of music so the sound quality especially is a bit important.

I heard the Siberia’s have poor sound quality, is this true?

Last edited by octochris,

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

You should get the one I have, even though it’s 60 pounds and uses USB.
It’s really nice!

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

You should get the one I have, even though it’s 60 pounds and uses USB.
It’s really nice!

Sounds like mine, but mine has bad quality overall!

Harlski

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000P5VR16/ref=asc_df_B000P5VR16871060?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B000P5VR16 <— That's mine, I'd reccomend that and yeah, it has awesome quality cos im listening to music 24/7 so i suppose I’d know. :P

Last edited by Harlski,

Edd

T2P

sennheiser headphones + desktop mic

infussle

http://www.modster-pc.co.nz/shop/images/00000106694-LogitechMX518.jpeg

JackieBoy

LTG.

Fatal1ty

iQue

keso

Quoted from octochris

I heard the Siberia’s have poor sound quality, is this true?

It’s good enough if you’re not an audiophile, and if you are, you wouldn’t buy a headset anyway (rather seperate headphones and mic)

myNax

Don’t buy a 5Hv2 then. Not much bass :/

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Speedlink Medusa

LikeThis

Quoted from iQue

[…]

It’s good enough if you’re not an audiophile, and if you are, you wouldn’t buy a headset anyway (rather seperate headphones and mic)

Exactly what i was gonna say.

Quoted from Edd

sennheiser headphones + desktop mic

+1

If you are keen on your music get a decent set of proper headphones and a desktop mic.

Ino

dp.
dp.

I have a Steelseries Siberia Neckband, and the sound is pretty good. At least for me, but I was gaming with a logitech chat headset before so… It’s definitely a good headset ;)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from iQue

[…]

I’m not a massive audiophile, but I notice it if the bass/treble is fucked. Is it?

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

£50 – HD555 straight off, best thing in your price range.
There open so they’ll have to be loud as hell at lan.

If you upped your budget quite a bit you could push for any of these:
ATH AD700 (Considered to be basically one of the best you can get for gaming, massive soundstage)
HD595 (Sort of like the ath, some people prefer them for music, not as good for gaming is the general assumption afaik.)

ATH A700 – Closed version of the AD700 better for lan
DT770 – Amazing pair of closed cans, good for lan.

For your uses I’d say get a pair of HD555’s and if you don’t all ready have one a decent soundcard, the bottom 4 really are pushing the lower end of audiophile gear while the HD555 are actually really good bang for buck.
(Its also not like you NEED anything better than these for gaming but the others just some higher end options that are meant to be nice for gaming + the difference you’ll hear in music providing you’ve got a decent setup + source is quite extreme)

The casing is the same as the HD595 and I can safely say you won’t have any problems there, comfiest headphones I’ve had and pretty sturdy, much better than the floating design of some headphones + headsets imo)

Last edited by Jims,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »