Forum

Recommend some headphones

Created 13th September 2010 @ 19:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

laerin

-9w-

Plantronics Gamecom 367. Only £17 from Amazon but really good mic and I’d say good sound too. I haven’t tried out too many headsets though so I probably wouldn’t know much. 19x better than shitty Medusa headphones though.

But yeah, headphones and table mic if you want top sound quality.

I personally prefer having it together as a headset and if I could have whatever headset, I’d probably go for the sennheiaer PC 350.

Last edited by laerin,

dauk

Quoted from myNax

Don’t buy a 5Hv2 then. Not much bass :/

it’s okay for me

quad

Steelseries 5Hv2 if you want to hear even the quietest footsteps

Ottoo

I have 5Hv2’s and like them for gaming but theyre not much for listening to music. I’d rather take good allround hps like Sennheiser HD555s.

dauk

Quoted from quad

Steelseries 5Hv2 if you want to hear even the quietest footsteps

I can even hear farts

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

I’m now using a Technics rp-dh1200 that I use for my turntables. Brilliant sound, but the flexible cord is ruining the port. So every time when the cat starts playing with it, I’m without sound. So now I’m looking for a USB connector. Is there anyone here that has some experience with the Steelseries 5Hv2 USB or the Siberia v2 USB? It seems to me that those are the normal headsets with an additional USB soundcard (plug in the soundcard in a USB port, then the jacks in the soundcard?).

dauk

Quoted from Shabbaman

I’m now using a Technics rp-dh1200 that I use for my turntables. Brilliant sound, but the flexible cord is ruining the port. So every time when the cat starts playing with it, I’m without sound. So now I’m looking for a USB connector. Is there anyone here that has some experience with the Steelseries 5Hv2 USB or the Siberia v2 USB? It seems to me that those are the normal headsets with an additional USB soundcard (plug in the soundcard in a USB port, then the jacks in the soundcard?).

the only drwaback I noticed is when you unplug the usb card and you have some programs running, you need to close them before pluging back the sound card so sound would work. But thats may be becouse I’m running wins on mac. Also I like the wire, it is really hard to damage it. And yes you just plug in usb cards, install drivers and and put 3.5 jacks there.

Exxy

[Ci]

Quoted from octochris

I heard the Siberia’s have poor sound quality, is this true?

This is both true and false.

With the first edition of the Siberia headsets, they included this extension for the 3,5mm plug to make the cable longer than just 1m. What this cable did (from what I experienced) blocked out certain frequencies, mostly bass frequencies, and you ended up with good gaming headphones but shitty for music.

However, if you chose to not use the extension, or buy your own extension with all frequencies working properly, they became a really good pair of headphones, but it’s an unnessescary expense that you can bypass by just buying something more worth getting like the Plantronics Gamecom or something along those lines if you want good headphones.

I personally used to be a big SteelSeries fan when it comes to headphones, but they seem to be of quite shitty quality when it comes to durability in the long run, while as Sennheiser and Plantronics give you headsets with either awesome or fairly good sound, comfortable fit, and long lasting durability.

Pyle

Quoted from Jims

HD595 (Sort of like the ath, some people prefer them for music, not as good for gaming is the general assumption afaik.)

I got these.. ( Hooked on a headphones amplifier ) = BEAST… you can even use it as a speaker :D… I love it for games ( BC2 = truely epic epic epic epic ). And for music…. it’s even better, way better.. Comfort = you can wear these 12 hours in a row without even notice it.

Nor

rda

sennheiser if you want good headset for a good price (superb quality)

Last edited by Nor,

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from dauk

[…]

the only drwaback I noticed is when you unplug the usb card and you have some programs running, you need to close them before pluging back the sound card so sound would work. But thats may be becouse I’m running wins on mac. Also I like the wire, it is really hard to damage it. And yes you just plug in usb cards, install drivers and and put 3.5 jacks there.

5Hv2 USB or the Siberia v2 USB?

dauk

Quoted from Shabbaman

[…]

5Hv2 USB or the Siberia v2 USB?

5Hv2 USB , also it had some sticked saying it’s 7.1

zipfel

PF

http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-51016-Headphones-White/dp/B002SN9RN8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1284460425&sr=8-2

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Quoted from Pyle

[…]

I got these.. ( Hooked on a headphones amplifier ) = BEAST… you can even use it as a speaker :D… I love it for games ( BC2 = truely epic epic epic epic ). And for music…. it’s even better, way better.. Comfort = you can wear these 12 hours in a row without even notice it.

Using them through a Xonar D2X right now, haven’t got round to getting an amp since the D2X dishes out a decent amount of power tbh, though I’m considering either a cheap amp or a Xonar Xense to improve them :)

Pyle

Quoted from Jims

[…]

Using them through a Xonar D2X right now, haven’t got round to getting an amp since the D2X dishes out a decent amount of power tbh, though I’m considering either a cheap amp or a Xonar Xense to improve them :)

I got this amp: Fubar IV PLUS, it’s cheap for a headphones amp, google for fubar amplifier to find a suitable shop.

And nice soundcard btw :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »