Forum

League of Legends selected for WCG 2010

Created 5th July 2010 @ 17:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Squide

keso

League of Legends is a new game inspired by the DotA. I really like this game, and i play it alot :)
It has the same gamestyle like DotA but it doesnt focus on the items or how well you farm, it basicly focus on how well you play as a team wich i think is better and more profitable. (Sorry, dont know how to explain myself :/ )

The game is very noob friendly wich i personally think is awesome and really helps alot.
the community is really nice aswell.

it just got picked for WCG 2010 Promotnial game title and im really excited about this.

The News

New York, NY— June 30, 2010 — World Cyber Games Inc. (WCG), organizer of the premier international video game competition and festival recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records, and Riot Games, a leading independent developer and publisher of premium online video games, announced that League of Legends will be one of the featured Promotional Game Titles at the WCG 2010 Grand Final. As a Promotional title, the best League of Legends players from around the world will have the opportunity to prove their skills on the world’s biggest competitive gaming stage and vie for a major cash prize.

As one of the WCG Promotional Game Titles, Riot Games and WCG will host a vigorous qualification process to select 4 teams to participate in the WCG 2010 Grand Final for the League of Legends tournament. Millions of participants will be able to test their skills through various tournaments and other in-game events, including the top players from the League of Legends ”Season One” ladder, awaiting release this summer. Players from North America, Europe, China, and S.E. Asia are to form teams of 5 for a shot at representing their region at the WCG 2010 Grand Final, which will be held from September 30 to October 3, 2010.

Read more: http://www.wcg.com/6th/fun/news/news_view.asp?keyno=C10070110003

Signup and Download: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c25246d97996
The download time is 20-30 min.

Enjoy

Last edited by Squide,

RaCio

GoT²

You have to be joking.

Of all games League of Legends got picked? :D

Squide

keso

I personally dont like DotA or HoN,
But League of Legends got my heart! :P <3

mb

keso

OMFG CARTOON KIDS GAME!!! oh wait…

blind

popkõrns

HoN is so much better, altho not surprised it being WCG, its been a joke for ages

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I personally like the idea where this game-genre is going too. A sorta mix between rpg and strategy. But it still looks a bit crappy to me. And I personally like mmorpg better then strategy. But won’t play those, unless Richard Garriot brings out Ultima Online 2..

iQue

keso

:/

I don’t play any of these games but considering HoN has a much larger casual and competitive community I’m rather surprised

Qun

GoT<3

Probably a big sponsor behind LoL.

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

LoL is just terrible in comparison to HoN. I don’t mind LoL, it’s not a bad game, it’s just not on the same level as a competetive game. Massive mindfuck as to why you would choose it.

Anathema

LoL > HoN for utter fucking shitters like me. More newbs on LoL = I get kills occasionally :D

Kinyu

popkõrns

I play LoL every day and I am proud.

Nor

rda

Quoted from blind

HoN is so much better, altho not surprised it being WCG, its been a joke for ages

cry some more idiot.

mb

keso

WCG has and always will be driven by sponsor money. The sponsor can choose which game to bring in or sponsor an old game. That’s why there’s all of the mobile games with ridiculous prizemoney, they’re sponsored by Samsung.

Psyche

I play both games tbh and clearly HoN is 10x superior. Simply by the fact HoN IS a competitive game and LoL is so noob friendly that even a brain dead monkey can play it.

They removed most of the DotA aspects and thus ruined the game. Good for HoN, they didn’t do it and thus is a much, much better game.

Inuy

#sadboys

Quoted from Psyche

I play both games tbh and clearly HoN is 10x superior. Simply by the fact HoN IS a competitive game and LoL is so noob friendly that even a brain dead monkey can play it.

They removed most of the DotA aspects and thus ruined the game. Good for HoN, they didn’t do it and thus is a much, much better game.

This, probably some big sponsor behind LoL.

Hon is competitive lol is noob friendly.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »