Forum

Homocide: A Medic Movie

Created 10th September 2009 @ 21:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »

alfa

Nice movie it has air heal aswell!!!11!

It’s spelled homicide? Homicidium (human) + caedere (to cut). Homocide could be interpreted as killing gays (though most people may think about homo as human as well).

wo0t

Homo-cide

just for buick and grillz you see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homicide (wiki = Homicide)
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/homicide (dictionary = homicide)

Simon says no.
“Dr” means i know latin :)

Extremer

He means BUICK and grillz are massive homos, hence the homocide.

He means BUICK and grillz are massive homos, hence the homocide.

Then forgive my noobiness

.____________.

I’m sorry, but I can’t help but feel that watching that was a complete waste of time. :P These medics are some of the best in the world, what i saw there was at times less than what i expect to see when seeing them play. Nor was there anything “omg i could never do that” about it. A few clips that were really nice to watch though, mainly some of the kills made, rest we’re ok. But again, nothing amazing.

I’m very surprised you took this stance, illii. You and I (and most other people here) have played medic in pickups and mixes, where you don’t get the kind of support you get in the movie. You know how frustrating it can be. When people start medicing, they think it’s really simple:

1. Click on stuff
2. Uber stuff
3. Get blamed for stuff

But the first subtle thing you learn about medic is that you have to be playing 100% just to break even. Any less than that and you lose a heavy class, a cap point, or a round. Playing “100%” means proper positioning, knowing exactly where your teammates are, the status of the enemy uber, proper heal orders during combat, and communicating with your team.

I think wo0t made this film to highlight medics who play their ordinary A-game in extraordinary situations. Be it remaining perched on the telephone pole at Yukon’s last, hiding from the enemy under Badlands and dashing back to your team just in time, or pushing a soldier off of C, each clip pays homage to the cerebral aspect of playing medic. Though even then, wo0t found time to add in one airshot :-)

None of the clips look particularly hard, until you realize how many split second decisions the medics are making. Screw up just once and you go straight to step 3 (get blamed for stuff.)

In fact, I feel like this is one of the most “honest” frag movies I’ve seen in a long time. By that I mean it focuses on the big picture rather than a few cool airshots. Just look a few topics down and watch Fragga’s Gravelpit airshot versus team Czech. I’m not denying it’s an amazing shot, but if you know the full story, then you know that Fragga proceeds to rocket jump away from dunc, leaving him to the mercy of a pyro. (Though I’m sure Fragga will maintain that dunc just can’t keep himself away from flamers :DDDDDDD)

So yeah. The medic class has been marginalized for quite awhile simply because his actions don’t produce the instant gratification that the fragging classes do.

At the very least, I hope we all agree that this last point save by Casey is some clutch fucking medicing. (It’s a shame casey and ruwin didn’t send in demos)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab0J0Uqhmcc&fmt=22
And he’s so nonchalant about it, he’s even spamming the “negative” voice comms as his team dies around him. Fucking pro. :D

Thank you for your time, and nice movie, wo0t.

Again Largos, I’m not trying to say the medicing shown in this movie was bad (because it by no means was), but then again i don’t see what is so amazing with most of it, as alot of it is part of everyday medicing. Its like watching a soldier jump to middle.
Like alot of uber saves and such is saves i would be shocked if the medic actually missed. Not something that makes me go “omg wow he saved him”. And I don’t get how you drag being blamed for stuff into this. If people blame me for stuff, i yell at them (ask kaidus). Either this is your teammates being retards or you’re doing something wrong. There is nothing more to it.

And split second decisions in these clips? Ofc they have to make split second decisions, what do you think medicing is all about? :P These kinda decisions have to be made every second of the way, most of these clips being results of the decisions made. Yes, they turn out for the better, but when does making those decisions stray from everyday medicing? If they hadn’t made the right decisions at the time, then as i mentioed above, youre doing something wrong.
(oh, and playing medic in pickups and mixes ≠ playing with a top clan largos. can’t be compared)

Anyways, i’ll stop acting like a bitch now and quiet down. After all, as shintaz so nicely posted, i’m just jealous of the awesome skillzz in this video.

fJack

k^m

i’ll never understand the mentality behind the masochistic souls that play medic, i’m just glad there are enough of you twisted folk around.

Jh

Hey dats!

royze coulda sent a few clips for this movie. royze is da man

Largos^

PRO

I’m sorry, but I can’t help but feel that watching that was a complete waste of time. :P These medics are some of the best in the world, what i saw there was at times less than what i expect to see when seeing them play. Nor was there anything “omg i could never do that” about it. A few clips that were really nice to watch though, mainly some of the kills made, rest we’re ok. But again, nothing amazing.

I’m very surprised you took this stance, illii. You and I (and most other people here) have played medic in pickups and mixes, where you don’t get the kind of support you get in the movie. You know how frustrating it can be. When people start medicing, they think it’s really simple:

1. Click on stuff
2. Uber stuff
3. Get blamed for stuff

But the first subtle thing you learn about medic is that you have to be playing 100% just to break even. Any less than that and you lose a heavy class, a cap point, or a round. Playing “100%” means proper positioning, knowing exactly where your teammates are, the status of the enemy uber, proper heal orders during combat, and communicating with your team.

I think wo0t made this film to highlight medics who play their ordinary A-game in extraordinary situations. Be it remaining perched on the telephone pole at Yukon’s last, hiding from the enemy under Badlands and dashing back to your team just in time, or pushing a soldier off of C, each clip pays homage to the cerebral aspect of playing medic. Though even then, wo0t found time to add in one airshot :-)

None of the clips look particularly hard, until you realize how many split second decisions the medics are making. Screw up just once and you go straight to step 3 (get blamed for stuff.)

In fact, I feel like this is one of the most “honest” frag movies I’ve seen in a long time. By that I mean it focuses on the big picture rather than a few cool airshots. Just look a few topics down and watch Fragga’s Gravelpit airshot versus team Czech. I’m not denying it’s an amazing shot, but if you know the full story, then you know that Fragga proceeds to rocket jump away from dunc, leaving him to the mercy of a pyro. (Though I’m sure Fragga will maintain that dunc just can’t keep himself away from flamers :DDDDDDD)

So yeah. The medic class has been marginalized for quite awhile simply because his actions don’t produce the instant gratification that the fragging classes do.

At the very least, I hope we all agree that this last point save by Casey is some clutch fucking medicing. (It’s a shame casey and ruwin didn’t send in demos)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab0J0Uqhmcc&fmt=22
And he’s so nonchalant about it, he’s even spamming the “negative” voice comms as his team dies around him. Fucking pro. :D

Thank you for your time, and nice movie, wo0t.

Again Largos, I’m not trying to say the medicing shown in this movie was bad (because it by no means was), but then again i don’t see what is so amazing with most of it, as alot of it is part of everyday medicing. Its like watching a soldier jump to middle.
Like alot of uber saves and such is saves i would be shocked if the medic actually missed. Not something that makes me go “omg wow he saved him”. And I don’t get how you drag being blamed for stuff into this. If people blame me for stuff, i yell at them (ask kaidus). Either this is your teammates being retards or you’re doing something wrong. There is nothing more to it.

And split second decisions in these clips? Ofc they have to make split second decisions, what do you think medicing is all about? :P These kinda decisions have to be made every second of the way, most of these clips being results of the decisions made. Yes, they turn out for the better, but when does making those decisions stray from everyday medicing? If they hadn’t made the right decisions at the time, then as i mentioed above, youre doing something wrong.
(oh, and playing medic in pickups and mixes ≠ playing with a top clan largos. can’t be compared)

Anyways, i’ll stop acting like a bitch now and quiet down. After all, as shintaz so nicely posted, i’m just jealous of the awesome skillzz in this video.

Okay, point well taken illii. You’re right, I’ve never played medic in a top clan, so I guess I’ll stfu now.

djc

d2f~

illii is just jealous of agron’s tits

JimmyB

FNR!

i’ll never understand the mentality behind the masochistic souls that play medic, i’m just glad there are enough of you twisted folk around.

hehehehe

Willazord

pretty cool, nice medicing and the music was a good choice.

Largos^

PRO

hehehehe

Don’t laugh at me because I’m damaged goods :-(

Netsky

nice movie :)

springer knows to AIRHEALZ!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »