Forum

Homocide: A Medic Movie

Created 10th September 2009 @ 21:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »

Vali

-9w-

Honestly, how the hell did nobody notice that 1:35 and 6:25 are the same damn clip? :/

hykleri

Harsh , illii.

Harsh but true.

RaCio

GoT²

Very nice movie :)

Don’t look at it like its a fragmovie, I think its more meant to to show great play’s from the medic and his team from the perspective of the medic.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

nice quality, no editing, good content (ish) bit boring, not bad overall

baerbel

trick17
trick17

i enjoyed watching it, well done!

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

some great stuff from springer and agron, gj

AnimaL

GLUE dodging skillz – awesome

Side|Effect

2ne1
[PG]

This movie needs Ruwin.

evokje

WiK?

enjoyed it and love the music

kaidus

WiK?

It might have been the shitty framerate I got from pldx, but springers needle aim reminds me of a cave troll swinging a morning star :D.

Overall a pretty dull movie. Most clips seemed down to luck that the enemy didn’t get their rocket 1cm closer to the medic than any actual genuine evasion. Would rent but not buy.

djc

d2f~

This movie needs Ruwin.

ruwin and casey never gave any demos to wo0t so they didnt get in

agron

Relic

:D

wo0t

kaidus you should dl the mp4

pldx tends to drop frames whenever it’s high fps/high bitrate

Largos^

PRO

I’m sorry, but I can’t help but feel that watching that was a complete waste of time. :P These medics are some of the best in the world, what i saw there was at times less than what i expect to see when seeing them play. Nor was there anything “omg i could never do that” about it. A few clips that were really nice to watch though, mainly some of the kills made, rest we’re ok. But again, nothing amazing.

I’m very surprised you took this stance, illii. You and I (and most other people here) have played medic in pickups and mixes, where you don’t get the kind of support you get in the movie. You know how frustrating it can be. When people start medicing, they think it’s really simple:

1. Click on stuff
2. Uber stuff
3. Get blamed for stuff

But the first subtle thing you learn about medic is that you have to be playing 100% just to break even. Any less than that and you lose a heavy class, a cap point, or a round. Playing “100%” means proper positioning, knowing exactly where your teammates are, the status of the enemy uber, proper heal orders during combat, and communicating with your team.

I think wo0t made this film to highlight medics who play their ordinary A-game in extraordinary situations. Be it remaining perched on the telephone pole at Yukon’s last, hiding from the enemy under Badlands and dashing back to your team just in time, or pushing a soldier off of C, each clip pays homage to the cerebral aspect of playing medic. Though even then, wo0t found time to add in one airshot :-)

None of the clips look particularly hard, until you realize how many split second decisions the medics are making. Screw up just once and you go straight to step 3 (get blamed for stuff.)

In fact, I feel like this is one of the most “honest” frag movies I’ve seen in a long time. By that I mean it focuses on the big picture rather than a few cool airshots. Just look a few topics down and watch Fragga’s Gravelpit airshot versus team Czech. I’m not denying it’s an amazing shot, but if you know the full story, then you know that Fragga proceeds to rocket jump away from dunc, leaving him to the mercy of a pyro. (Though I’m sure Fragga will maintain that dunc just can’t keep himself away from flamers :DDDDDDD)

So yeah. The medic class has been marginalized for quite awhile simply because his actions don’t produce the instant gratification that the fragging classes do.

At the very least, I hope we all agree that this last point save by Casey is some clutch fucking medicing. (It’s a shame casey and ruwin didn’t send in demos)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab0J0Uqhmcc&fmt=22
And he’s so nonchalant about it, he’s even spamming the “negative” voice comms as his team dies around him. Fucking pro. :D

Thank you for your time, and nice movie, wo0t.

Extremer

AIRNEEDLEZ

Amazing movie, gj.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »