Forum

Demo Smooth Panel not Saving Smoothed Demos

Created 29th May 2013 @ 01:47

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Nofe92

Cosa?

Am I the only one with this issue? With the last update I can’t save any demos from the smooth menu. It doesn’t show any message on console and it doesn’t even freeze for 1 ms. It looks like the function is missing completely! Do you have any idea about it? Is there a mail to write to for bug reporting?
Thanks for the help!

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

I think I recall this being a problem with PREC. Try smoothing a demo which hasn’t been recorded using PREC

Nofe92

Cosa?

Quoted from Beater

I think I recall this being a problem with PREC. Try smoothing a demo which hasn’t been recorded using PREC

I just tried with a manually recorded demo and same thing happened.
I tried on my virtual machine with a clean tf2 installation and I got the same result.
Any other idea? Should i write to gabe?

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from Nofe92

[…]
I just tried with a manually recorded demo and same thing happened.
I tried on my virtual machine with a clean tf2 installation and I got the same result.
Any other idea? Should i write to gabe?

DO IT, I DARE YOU

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

I have the exact same issue, but it still works fine for other (like huhy that mofo)

beach

[DA]
[DA]

yea not working for me either :(

Almie

pwn!
gum

Not working for me either, I wrote to Steam Support

Nofe92

Cosa?

Those 2 updates didn’t fix anything! We need to report!
Can you report the bug even if you’re not working on fragmovies?
Is steam support the best solution?

Almie

pwn!
gum

Quoted from Nofe92

Those 2 updates didn’t fix anything! We need to report!
Can you report the bug even if you’re not working on fragmovies?
Is steam support the best solution?

I got a reply saying that I should try deleting everything in the steam folder except steamapps and userdata, restart pc, and verify game cache, did that but it still doesnt work.

Nofe92

Cosa?

Quoted from Almie

[…]
I got a reply saying that I should try deleting everything in the steam folder except steamapps and userdata, restart pc, and verify game cache, did that but it still doesnt work.

that’s Just the standard answer they always send. this is a bug in the code, nothing that we can fix by deleting files. would you mind checking in other source 2009 based games? Like day of defeat or counter strike: source? I’m almost sure it’s a engine bug

KlunTe

NASA

Quoted from Nofe92

[…]
that’s Just the standard answer they always send. this is a bug in the code, nothing that we can fix by deleting files. would you mind checking in other source 2009 based games? Like day of defeat or counter strike: source? I’m almost sure it’s a engine bug

It won’t work, steampipe was for almost every valve made game.
The same problem will most likely also be there.

Almie

pwn!
gum

Quoted from KlunTe

[…]

It won’t work, steampipe was for almost every valve made game.
The same problem will most likely also be there.

But its not just because of steampipe, Ive done smoothing after SteamPipe and it worked, it mustve been a recent patch or something.

Nofe92

Cosa?

Quoted from Almie

[…]
But its not just because of steampipe, Ive done smoothing after SteamPipe and it worked, it mustve been a recent patch or something.

Yeah steam pipe is just another way to manage game files, if it was for that thing it would probably give errors in console, like “can’t write file”. This, I suppose, it’s a coding mistake. It looks like the button is not connected to the function. Who’s in charge of tf2 development now? I remember Robin left tf2 team so I don’t know who to write to

edit: It’s an engine bug, same thing on cs:source!

Last edited by Nofe92,

Almie

pwn!
gum

Quoted from Nofe92

Who’s in charge of tf2 development now? I remember Robin left tf2 team so I don’t know who to write to

I heard the entire TF2 team at Valve is like 7 guys right now. Which is maybe why we dont see any bigger updates lately.

Nofe92

Cosa?

Quoted from Almie

[…]
I heard the entire TF2 team at Valve is like 7 guys right now. Which is maybe why we dont see any bigger updates lately.

Well this thing takes 2 min to fix!
Latest update didn’t fix the bug

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »