Forum

Demo Smooth Panel not Saving Smoothed Demos

Created 29th May 2013 @ 01:47

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Almie

pwn!
gum

Hello Jakub,

We were unsuccessful at reproducing the issue. The _smooth.dem was created when saving.

Where are your .dem files located?

~C:program filessteamsteamappscommonTeam Fortress 2tf

If you have any further questions, please let us know – we will be happy to assist you.

This is the reply I got from Steam Support just now. It seems they dont have this problem, just like I assumed, thats why they didnt take the 2 minutes to fix it.

KlunTe

NASA

Quoted from Almie

[…]
This is the reply I got from Steam Support just now. It seems they dont have this problem, just like I assumed, thats why they didnt take the 2 minutes to fix it.

Well shit

Nofe92

Cosa?

Quoted from Almie

[…]

But the bug is still there. They should suggest the location, to me it looks like the path of the demo is irrelevant. I will try to contact them again, you should all try to write to steam support

Sw1tch

I too wrote Steam Support.
They just gave me a generic response to delete client registry and restart.
Didn’t work :/

Nofe92

Cosa?

Last update didn’t fix anything and I’m still waiting for steam support to answer.

Nofe92

Cosa?

THEY ARE AWARE!

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.

We are aware of the problem and are investigating the issue further

Last edited by Nofe92,

Sw1tch

Sweet Baby Jesus finally Gaben has answered!

KlunTe

NASA

About fucking time

amazingkai

I know it’s not the most practical solution but have you guys at least tried to reinstall the game?

I had a friend who had this issue, they sent me the demo that apparently couldn’t be smoothed and I managed to save it fine, I’ve never encountered this problem personally.

To me it seems like during the steampipe conversion something messed up. Reinstalling should fix it.

Almie

pwn!
gum

Quoted from amazingkai

I know it’s not the most practical solution but have you guys at least tried to reinstall the game?

I had a friend who had this issue, they sent me the demo that apparently couldn’t be smoothed and I managed to save it fine, I’ve never encountered this problem personally.

To me it seems like during the steampipe conversion something messed up. Reinstalling should fix it.

I tried all of the solutions Steam Support gave me, which included downloading a fresh install of the game and trying with a new demo, redownloading steam files, verifying cache.

Approximately a week ago I have sent them a demo which I created and could not be smoothed, and they said they can smooth it just fine and that they will further investigate and update my ticket if they find out anything new. I hope to hear from them soon, and I hope its going to be something like “We managed to fix this issue”. For now, I can only dream though…

Last edited by Almie,

Sw1tch

Quoted from amazingkai

I wish this worked. :/ For now all we can do is wait. Kinda wanted to make some videos before summer ended but oh well.

sermaisleve

:(

grid

I had a demo I wanted to smooth but wasnt able because of that bug. Then I installed TF2 on the NEW PC, tried to record a video with that bug to show to steam support, and god, I SAVED smoothed demo. Now I can’t smooth the same demo using same pc again.
Cant explain it.

Last edited by grid,

Sw1tch

Hey guys so a fix probably isn’t gonna come any time soon, I know it’s a long shot but would using ‘show process’ and recording that instead of saving the smooth work in the mean time?

Last edited by Sw1tch,

Pat

MAFIA

Quoted from Sw1tch

Hey guys so a fix probably isn’t gonna come any time soon, I know it’s a long shot but would using ‘show process’ and recording that instead of saving the smooth work in the mean time?

The problem is that the models of the other players aren’t moving. If you want go through a map this can be a solution. But if you want to smooth around a player that won’t work.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »