Forum

eXtv i46 FRAG MOVIE CONTEST

Created 4th September 2012 @ 14:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

shdwpuppet

YYYAAAAAAOOOOOOOO

Sup bitches, Dr.shdwpuppet here with a unique opportunity.

Because you are all good little esports minions, you have already seen eXtravision this week (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut62k6QVEs8), but just as a reminder to those who either cant access youtube from their home country or are bad esports minions (I am sure you guys dont exist…. right?), eXtelevision, with generous and gracious donations from the dudermeister, is hosting a Frag Video Contest featuring i46 in all it’s glory.

Official rules can be found on the eXtelevision website (http://www.extelevision.com/i46-frag-video-contest/). I would post them here, but our legal department started saying something about liability and people editing and I fell catatonic. So the rules are staying there!

If you have any questions, comments, concerns or extremely derogatory remarks about the contest, the rules, the frags or the colour of duder’s tie today (its hideous) don’t hesitate to forward them on to me, or any other eXtv staff (twitter, steam, email or the eXtv forums are the best way to get to us).

I hear from up the grapevine that the prizes listed aren’t all we will be able to give out by the end of the contest, so get excited and stay tuned!

Now, we will be featuring the top 3 videos on the CommFT YouTube channel, so this means that Creative Commons music or music you have the rights to distribute only please. We will be releasing a good list of CC music in the next couple weeks as soon as we send a couple of interns down into the storage rooms to see what all we have.

WELL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Boot up that windows movie maker, get your self a strong cup of coffee and your favorite stress ball, because we want to see the best movies this side of Prem by Cube.

For those of you who do not have the STV demos, they can be found at http://nigihana.com/extv/

POV demos will be forthcoming from at least the American teams, I have to trawl through all my stuff to find them and upload them :)

Thanks guys, and good luck. BYCOMP had some awesome movies, lets see what you guys can come up with!

jabu

sweet, more frag vids to watch.

Is everyone ready to get bored of the frags before BoneS creates the only good movie?

I am.

I’m SO ready.

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

:(

theduderman

|AG|

I work in IT, I don’t wear a tie… silly shdwpuppet.

Also, first prize is now up to $200 USD and we’re still looking at adding more stuff.

Last edited by theduderman,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

As much as i appreciate you guys are doing work to try and get the best movie and went out of your way to make sure the players recorded POV demos, don’t you feel this is kind of an insult to the one guy who’s always made the BEST LAN movies? I mean, i might be bias being a friend of bones but if it was me, i’d be pretty upset about this.

Trane

So what’s stopping bones making an entry? I’m confused.

Wabbeh

Quoted from Trane

So what’s stopping bones making an entry? I’m confused.

From what I can gather, if he wants to use the Americans’ POV demos, he’ll have to use Creative Commons music and be hosted on commft youtube.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

Its not like I hold the exclusive rights to making LAN movies.

Quoted from BoneS

I hold the exclusive rights to making LAN movies.

FTFY

Mr. G - String

DStS

I hope Cube wins this contest

Last edited by Mr. G - String,

Quoted from BoneS

Its not like I hold the exclusive rights to making LAN movies.

It’s EU tradition man.
You love being part of EU tradition.
Don’t pretend that you don’t.

Snyyppis

RLM

If the american pov demos are going to be publicly available can’t bones just create his own movie, not taking part in this competition whatsoever. It usually takes him a year to make the movie anyway! :P

dellort

Quoted from Snyyppis

If the american pov demos are going to be publicly available can’t bones just create his own movie, not taking part in this competition whatsoever. It usually takes him a year to make the movie anyway! :P

I think you’re missing the point…

OT: I like the idea and always support movie contests, but with the audio restrictions and the many editors who just participated in the BYPCOMP, I can’t see this competition getting too much interest (unless the prizes are outstanding of course).

Last edited by dellort,

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from dellort

[…]

I think you’re missing the point…

Do elaborate.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »