Forum

WLTRS Fragmovie

Created 11th June 2012 @ 17:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Why does the music have to be the same on all these frag vids? they should really try different stuff like the green beret, it makes it much more interesting.

FIR

SnG

Don’t know why people love to take the piss out of editing, if any of you can do better then go make something better instead of sitting and constantly bashing about edits, its present in almost every fragmovie thread there is here. Enjoy it for what it is, a collection of frags put together as a showcase to someone with brilliant skill by someone who took the time to collect them all and make it presentable.

pr3d

Nice one man :)

Leif

I expected another of that:
http://etf2l.org/forum/movie/topic-19984/?recent=361278
I am disappointed.

Frags are really sick but I agree with who says that 2 years old demos isnt that good. The editing was quite good, for these kind of movies imo a clean editing it’s better.
Overall it was really enjoyable.

Last edited by Leif,

Phrozen

?

Download link in the description if you want it.

Xerofset

DMS!

motion blur ftl

Phrozen

?

Quoted from Xerofset

motion blur ftl

motion blur was disabled in lawena for all recorded clips……………….

Quoted from FIR

Don’t know why people love to take the piss out of editing, if any of you can do better then go make something better instead of sitting and constantly bashing about edits, its present in almost every fragmovie thread there is here. Enjoy it for what it is, a collection of frags put together as a showcase to someone with brilliant skill by someone who took the time to collect them all and make it presentable.

People HAVE to stop making this argument

Like food? Lol you can’t cos you can’t cook
Like music? Lol cos you can’t play it
Like art? Lol cos you can’t paint

The underlying principle is that if you can experience and compare something you can proclaim it bad or good in your experience. Doing something doesn’t protect you from criticism and never will.

If you want, send me the demos. I will showcase it to the sound of me making fart sounds with my armpits while watching the demos through a keyhole with Microsoft PowerPoint transitions and then tell you that you can’t dislike it because you haven’t already made a frag movie

Also come back online and play dota2

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I am no frag movie editing expert, I give Phrozen credit for making the movie but felt could be better edited, cos some of the editing spoiled it a bit for me.

That is what constructive criticism is for, so he can come back and make his next movie awesome.

llbr

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

Why does the music have to be the same on all these frag vids? they should really try different stuff like the green beret, it makes it much more interesting.

+1 , am really getting sick of the generic dnb, I don’t even find it all that fitting. Take an example out of eXys, he always uses original music in his clips :D

Phrozen

?

Quoted from Hildreth

I am no frag movie editing expert, I give Phrozen credit for making the movie but felt could be better edited, cos some of the editing spoiled it a bit for me.

That is what constructive criticism is for, so he can come back and make his next movie awesome.

thanks bud, but what particularly spoils the editing?

Rdios

REVERTO

HUUU PREM
Sick frags not the best edit but still really enjoyable

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Phrozen

[…]
motion blur was disabled in lawena for all recorded clips……………….

xD

Your work actually looks decently polished and one can see that you’re experienced editing fragclips, but please for the love of god, get some knowledge about basic video editing 101 technicalities. Too many editors nowadays are just blindly following tutorials and don’t really know what they’re doing, on a technical level.

Have you looked at your fragvideo, mate? It doesn’t matter what box you ticked, the motion blur IS there. You can SEE it.

Now, obviously someone needs to explain you why. I will just assume the regular: You recorded at high fps (probably between 300-600) and then you imported your footage in Vegas. The default setting for all imported video footage is to smart blend every redundant frame until we’re left with 30 (or 60) frames in a second. The end result is frameblended motion blur.

tl;dr: High framerate + Vegas smart blend = motion blur.

The cc was good though. No oversaturated colors and no ugly dark spots. Maybe a bit of overexposure here and ther,e but it’s hard to prevent that without making your footage look dull.

The music style is indeed a bit overused, but it just seems that this liquid dnb style just fits fast paced clips quite well. But, if you’re not doing anything with sync edits anyway, why not ask the fragmovie player what song he would like under his vid? Makes it instantly more thematic and personal.

The frags need no comment, its fucking wltrs :D

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Phrozen

[…]
thanks bud, but what particularly spoils the editing?

The transitions and manually added sound effects.

FIR

SnG

I never said criticism is a bad thing, its the way you put it forward to the guy that’s maddeningly insulting.

Most of the time people just go “meh edits could be better”/”meh this thing and that thing isnt nice”/”meh whatever” but no one really says ANYTHING that can actually help the guy. Once or twice a few pop up, but the rest, like you, completely misunderstand the term “criticism” thinking “meh its okay, could be better” is actually a form of criticism.

If you want to bash on something, at least give the guy the tools to improve, dont tell him his masterpiece is shit and then sit there laughing at him because he doesn’t know why it’s shit. He also can’t please everyone, and there are definitely some bastards out there who are almost never satisfied with anything, and saying “meh its unsatisfactory” without telling him how to actually make it satisfactory is maddeningly stupid.

Not just this, but everywhere else as well (discounting the currently massive shitstorm that is the so-called “-AA- Sequel”).

Quoted from Chaplain

Also come back online and play dota2

No longer in England, will return somewhere in August.

Last edited by FIR,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »