[FAQ] How to save your demos from getting broken

Created 29th January 2009 @ 22:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Jan

k0

Nice work Solus, i love you <33

jason

PHX

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5

Nice one Solus – worked a treat.

Solus

I’ve updated the rollback patch so that it now also works for demo’s between 28 Jan – 16 Feb.

Check the guide for the updated patch link.

Macisum

YOYO\'
syster

Haha, now I just fucked up my tf2 :S

Leshey

D.A
V.A.C.

“I’ve updated the rollback patch so that it now also works for demo’s between 28 Jan – 16 Feb.”
can’t find it anywhere. can u plz post a direct link here?

AnAkkk

I need GCF files before the scout update (24 february), or just the client.dll and server.dll and use Solus method.

I guess it’s 16 february – 24 february but not sure.

Solus

Sorry, I don’t check here often…

The update I made just replaced the old rollback patch. The link is the one in the guide (I’ll always update the guide to be accurate whenever valve break demos again).

If you have any questions, e-mail me at: solusau at gmail dot com

KOVACS

Which old demos work?
Any demos between 19 August 2008 – 16 February 2009, provided you have the right version of the map used in the demo.

Will demo’s from after 16th Feb 2009 also work by following this guide, up until the spy update is released?

Edit: Apparently not, I can’t play any of my recent demo’s after following your 2nd guide to “install” tf2 in a 2nd location, after downloading the patch to revert back. Any way to get these demo’s working on a 2nd install?

Demo’s from before 16th Feb 2009 do work though, i.e. demo’s I still have from playing in nervous in october/nov/dec last year. Pretty cool man.

Grem

rEJ
TG

Anyone got the GCF files prior to the Spy/Sniper update?

minimoose

I think I have the main ones, but not the ob dedicated server :/ Also I’m not uploading them at 40kb/s :D The tool by Solus is much more practical anyway.

I was wondering, is there a way of applying a config to the GCF Prep folder? I would like to use Salmons movie config in it, since it speeds up recording demo’s so much :(

EDIT: Ok so I reinstalled the GCF Prep stuff and tested out Salmons config, and it works now! My thanks to Solus and the other people who helped him for his awesome tool.

Wiiking

boom boom boom, all my fancy records goes kabeem

Tuna

DCSB
Hey dats!

boom boom boom, all my fancy records goes kabeem

http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/390143/

The latest patch gfc’s available there as well.

StraightJacket

Very nicely done, thanks alot solus.

Havnt done it yet but i plan too when im feeling less lazy. Hopefully the files will still be there

Spary

I’ve got an old build of tf2 before the demo/solly update (11/12/09), if someone would kindly tell me what I need to upload for people to be able to use that version I think alot of people would be thankful :)

ih

what about this last update?

i keep getting crushed every time i get killed in the demo.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »