Forum

[FAQ] How to save your demos from getting broken

Created 29th January 2009 @ 22:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Mark

Phase

Quoted from ih

what about this last update?

i keep getting crushed every time i get killed in the demo.

Same here, but only in pldx.

slam

MILF

thx man# worked in many cases

Tobyy

TEZC
Pixie <3

As of the Engineer update it seems demo’s weren’t broken as such, but now healing seems to set people on fire :x
To get around this you could edit whatever sprite/texture it is to be a clear texture so other players aren’t on fire, as for the fire around the edge of screen, anyone know a hud_ command to disable it?

Last edited by Tobyy,

Rix

When I replaced the old files, Steam does not want to run tf2. I have this error:
“The Steam Servers are currently too busy to handle your request?”
What am I doing wrong? D:

tasKu

e-famous

Quoted from Rix

When I replaced the old files, Steam does not want to run tf2. I have this error:
“The Steam Servers are currently too busy to handle your request?”
What am I doing wrong? D:

Steam and TF2 has changed a lot since the first time this was posted here.
This might not work anymore, but not sure. Never tried it by myself.

mustardoverlord

:)

I’m having a problem where a certain demo of mine always crashes somewhere around tick 2027 or 2028, without fail. I cannot skip past it either by say going to tick 3000, as the game will hit 2027 along the way and crash (it’s hl2 crashing, not just the demo). I can’t go frame-by-frame either.

Is this just the demo being corrupt, or something to do with the new update? And is there a way to like delete the first few minutes of the demo and try again?

tasKu

e-famous

Quoted from mustardoverlord

I’m having a problem where a certain demo of mine always crashes somewhere around tick 2027 or 2028, without fail. I cannot skip past it either by say going to tick 3000, as the game will hit 2027 along the way and crash (it’s hl2 crashing, not just the demo). I can’t go frame-by-frame either.

Is this just the demo being corrupt, or something to do with the new update? And is there a way to like delete the first few minutes of the demo and try again?

I think its corrupt, this has happened to me many times even before this update.
Never got it to work, but never even bothered to try and fix it. there might be some way of fixing it

atmo

How do I fix stutter when playing back my own demos?

It seems they’ve broken demos again, I can’t play any demo today (IE since the last update) without the cl_flush… error.

Anyone else getting it?

Last edited by Crazyman,

atmo

Yes, Salamancer http://www.twitch.tv/fatmop/b/298567555

mustardoverlord

:)

Quoted from Crazyman

It seems they’ve broken demos again, I can’t play any demo today (IE since the last update) without the cl_flush… error.

Anyone else getting it?

it says that in red text in the top right corner of my screen, but I can play the demo otherwise, until it crashes
:X

Quoted from mustardoverlord

[…]

it says that in red text in the top right corner of my screen, but I can play the demo otherwise, until it crashes
:X

POVs “work”, as in, the person in the POV moves, but everyone else just stops for me after a few seconds. Killfeed still works, and person in POV still moves.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4