T⑨

What does TF2 say (loaded using pldx) when you type

con_filter_enable 0; plugin_load addons/TF2DemoFix.dll

?

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

in PLDX it says nothing.
in TF2 it says Plugin loaded and i can’t join servers anymore.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Sounds like it failed to load, most likely due to PLDX not applying the -insecure setting.
By setting con_filter_enable 0 before you load the plugin it’ll show you why it fails.

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

hm okay ill try that.

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

My PLDX console doesn’t seem to accept any comments…
edit: after some tries console says this:
Loading unsigned module addonstf2demofix.dll
Access to secure servers is disabled.
Unable to load plugin “addons/tf2demofix.dll”
Unable to load plugin “addons/tf2demofix.dll”

Last edited by dob,

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

edit: No problem everything works just fine now just Re-Installed =)

Last edited by dob,

ijswezel

swimp

Quoted from dob

edit: No problem everything works just fine now just Re-Installed =)

i’m having the same problem as you had in pldx where it just tells me it can’t load the .dll, while base tf2 does it with no problems. what exactly did you do to get it working? i’ve tried reinstalling both tf2 and the pldx crap but neither has had any effect at all.

edit: alternatively how do i go about adding the insecure commandline to the pldx configs because it doesn’t show up as a console variable in tf2 and pldx doesn’t read it from the launch option list :/

Last edited by ijswezel,

Saloma

.:KnG!:.

It works , Good job

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Bleh, I’ve no idea what PLDX is doing to tf2 to make it refuse to load :/

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Casual

So everyone hates how Valve again broke demos.
This time they renamed some entities and that screwed everything up. This plugin will restore the old names.

Okay, first off: I know nothing about this (and other stuff in general). But if you rename some entities, won’t you have the exact same problem with current demo’s after the inevitable next update?

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Shabbaman

[…]

Okay, first off: I know nothing about this (and other stuff in general). But if you rename some entities, won’t you have the exact same problem with current demo’s after the inevitable next update?

In which case I’d just update the plugin? I don’t see the problem :P

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

Quoted from ijswezel

[…]

i’m having the same problem as you had in pldx where it just tells me it can’t load the .dll, while base tf2 does it with no problems. what exactly did you do to get it working? i’ve tried reinstalling both tf2 and the pldx crap but neither has had any effect at all.

edit: alternatively how do i go about adding the insecure commandline to the pldx configs because it doesn’t show up as a console variable in tf2 and pldx doesn’t read it from the launch option list :/

What I just noticed today is that your addons Folder just dissapears when starting PLDX.
So what you have to do is simply create a new addons folder and add the DemoFix.dll as usual WHEN YOU ARE INGAME WITH PLDX.
That helped me.

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Casual

[…]

In which case I’d just update the plugin? I don’t see the problem :P

Allright then :) Would it be an idea to make the plugin so that you could turn it on or off? Or is it easy to uninstall the plugin when you’re done with it?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Shabbaman

[…]

Allright then :) Would it be an idea to make the plugin so that you could turn it on or off? Or is it easy to uninstall the plugin when you’re done with it?

Simply removing it from your addons folder surely is easier than going in-game and opening a menu etc etc? :p

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

You can just leave it in your addons folder :/

It’s only loaded when you do the plugin_load thing, which you’re not doing when you don’t want to play old demos?

Just restart TF2 when you’re done playing the old demos, cba to undo my fix (this would make the fix about 50 lines instead of 25).

Uninstall would be: delete TF2DemoFix.dll ;)

Last edited by Casual,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »