Forum

BvD's Fragvideo

Created 13th January 2009 @ 15:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Madsie

bvd your shit :)

love you really really nice movie mate :)

BvD

flowerpower/

The next movie won’t have the blur ;) I removed it and rendered it again and it looks alot better.

nightmare

L00

Very nice video there mate :) good skills and <3 the music. gl !

Ares

-HH²-

Not bad vid some nice shots there
As said before bit too many kritz’s for my liking and yeah simple works but a bit more glam would be nice :P
And i wanna know how you got it so small for pretty decent quality there on wegame :)

BvD

flowerpower/

Ares.

All I did was capture at 1650×1080, edit the frags uncompressed. Then I rendered at: (with sony vegas pro 8.0)

– HDV 720-30p (1280×720; 29,970 fps)
– Best quality
– Windows Media Video( .wmv) V9
– Audio Mode CBR, Video mode CBR
– Bitrate Internet/LAN

jk

I usually render at Preview, just to prevent tearing. Have you had any tearing with best ?

BvD

flowerpower/

Tearing, what is tearing?

jk

The image looking like it’s ripped. I’ve had that happen when i tried to render in Best mode. Could just be my pos machine.

BvD

flowerpower/

Nope, didn’t have it, how you see it in the vid that’s how it is ;)

Btw, I uploaded the vid without the blur on wegame.

Wlkr

?
¤_¤

Nice one Beau. Glad i could help even in a small way.

Some good airshots there, hopefully i will be as good as you at them soon :P

BvD

flowerpower/

You’ll get there walker ;)

Thanks for the comments guys =) I can use the responses to this movie very well for my next one, which will contain more kills, better kills, and will be 8-10 minutes definately;)

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Not bad for a first attempt :)

Few tips though:

Don’t ever record with an fps config, TF2 looks great on high settings why would not make it look as nice as possible :P If you’re worried about messing up your config, create two game directories and use a batch file to switch between game settings and movie settings.

Don’t use fraps, learn to use startmovie, it lets you choose the framerate you record with and produces an audio clip that is 100x the quality fraps audio ever will be. Then render to uncompressed .avi with virtualdub, same file size but alot easier to manage than millions of .tga files :P

Being subtle with effects is key to making a nice movie, that radial blur was horrible, any vegas effect make improve a clip, the key is to know when its too much :)

Don’t focus so much on airshots, they were nice when TF2 came out, but now every second fragmovie is basically a compilation of slow-mo airshots, it gets repetitive. Include them, just don’t overdo the slowmo.

Good luck with your future movies :)

BvD

flowerpower/

umm… I don’t use an fps config?
Startmovie makes my demo’s go crazy and I get the craziest fps and details.
I focused on a mix between frags and airshots. I have 3 one-kill clips in it and several clips where I airshot 2 people in one death. I used the slowmo to synchronize the kills with the music, I could’ve just released it without music if I didn’t use the slowmo.

vallone

BEST TAEM FOTREESS 2 FRAGMOVEI EVER!!!
4-EVER!!! 4-EVER!!!

BvD

flowerpower/

Ok, thanks? :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »