happy new year to you too

Square

thank you dude.
brb fapping.
oh, and happy new year :D

Last edited by Square,

metalpiss

Excellent tutorials, very useful! :)

However, in the youtube comments, I asked if it was possible to save the recorded footage directly to a folder outside of the tf2 one, because I can’t have enough space on my SSD. Unfortunately this is not possible, but, thanks to Skyride pointing me in the right direction, I (think I) found a solution. So if you don’t have/can’t make enough space or w/e on your TF2 install partition, you can make a folder inside the TF2 one which is a link to a folder on another partition.

As far as I found out, it’s done with the “mklink” command (in win 7 and vista; I think for XP the linkd command can do a similar thing), like this:

mklink /D LINK TARGET

LINK is the virtual folder that will direct everything to TARGET, where the actual stuff will be stored. For example:

mklink /D “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\metalpiss\team fortress 2\tf\tga” “E:\TF2 Frames”

Note that the “tga” folder must not exist! The mklink command has to create it. However, the target folder must exist.

This seems to work fine for me. With only 5 Gb free on my SSD, I put like 20 Gb of stuff in the “tga” folder and everything was actually stored in the target folder, taking space on my HDD.

Don’t really know if this is the correct way to do it or w/e, but it seems to work just fine. However if it’s not ok, please let me know.

Last edited by metalpiss,

octochris

(0v0)

Just make sure that you create an NTFS junction and you’ll be fine.

Spike Himself

TC

Type two backslashes in your post \ :)

tesco

mrp.

there was a thread already about it, but don’t have the time atm to find it, but the point is, you can record onto an another harddrive

for example i have tf2 on the E: drive
startmovie “I:\tf2_movies\spree”

Last edited by tesco,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from tesco

startmovie “I:tf2_moviesspree”

Really? I swear I tried that and it didn’t work.

And ye Metalpiss, that was exactly the method I was thinking of, glad you found it. :)

tesco

mrp.

it worked for me and still works, just tried

Last edited by tesco,

alfa

Thanks Adam, looking forward into trying those methods.

P.S: Free canadian maple syrup and/or beer at the next summer LAN for sure, you deserve it!

Last edited by alfa,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from tesco

there was a thread already about it, but don’t have the time atm to find it, but the point is, you can record onto an another harddrive

startmovie “I:\tf2_movies\spree”

Confirming this works.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Confirming this works.

Awesome. Tesco PM’d me on steam saying he confirmed it worked too, guess I’m wrong. :P

metalpiss

Oh, well no harm done anyway.

Decoy

So there isnt really a difference between 1080p and 720p? And i just started learning After Effects seeing that its such a powerful tool, been using vegas before, so a quick question. Can you do the same in AE that you can do in vegas like put several clips onto a single timeline so they kind of form a movie so to speak, in your videos you’ve just shown how to edit a single clip.

Thanks in advance

tesco

mrp.

of course you can

metalpiss

Quoted from Decoy

So there isnt really a difference between 1080p and 720p? And i just started learning After Effects seeing that its such a powerful tool, been using vegas before, so a quick question. Can you do the same in AE that you can do in vegas like put several clips onto a single timeline so they kind of form a movie so to speak, in your videos you’ve just shown how to edit a single clip.

Thanks in advance

Well, AE isn’t really a movie editing app, it’s more for motion graphics and special effects. Even though you can achieve the same result as with an editing app, I think you’d have a much easier time arranging clips and stuff in vegas or premiere. In AE, every little clip will be its own individual layer, so if you plan on making a movie with lots of clips, you’ll end up with a ton of layers and it can get cumbersome.
So in my opinion, it would be better to do color correction and fancy effects or fancy transitions in AE and put them all together in vegas or premiere.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by metalpiss,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »