Forum

cp_wildmire _b3 released!

Created 20th November 2009 @ 20:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Zipok

Update, update! cp_wildmire_b3 has been released as a part of the famous and awesome custom content release from tf2maps.net, the Swamp Pack!

http://swamp.tf2maps.net/
(The maps are at the bottom of the site. The other maps included with the mappack are ctf_atrophy_b4, koth_fever_b1, and arena_blackwood)

If you’re more interested in wildmire only: http://nocrits.com/maps/cp_wildmire_b3.rar

Changes from _b2a:
– Middle something completely different!
– The rocks at cp2 have been replaced.
– Capture & spawn times tweaked.
– Changed the first spawn layout.
– CP1 layout slightly modified.
– Spectator cameras!

Thanks to:

Tarmo- : His work with the map has been really important (especially the visuals on cp2!) Without him the map would still be in alpha. He has the useful skills and contacts a mapper needs which I happen to lack. :) Earned my respect here, thanks!
TF2Maps.net
Arnold
Catching Bullets-team
ETF2L.org
Petsku
Springer
TF2.fi
Finnish pickup players
All those who helped with pre-beta versions.
Jonni

P.S. Remember that this is still beta. bugs may be lurking somewhere, and the map still completely lacks something like a 3d skybox. All the issues are something that will get sorted out eventually during the progress towards the finalized version. But for now, I ask you to inform us about things you feel to need a fix here, and just to enjoy the gameplay the map provides. :)

Last edited by Zipok,

Zipok

TAKTIK:

Regarding the tactics and the gameplay of the map, I’ve got something to say.

Middle can see many different styles of play. Snipers, heavies, and even pyros can be useful if utilized correctly. A team can decide whether to go all-in and just charge, hoping for quick domination, or they can attempt to win it via superior spam. The heavier classes play a decisive role here, although losing your scouts will be a serious disadvantage.

CP2 is supportive to different styles of gameplay, utility classes have their chances, standard classes have their small tricks to learn, and I’m expecting to see some interesting tactics here. You can also have your scouts to push into the enemy lobby and CP1 zone, if the opportunity arises. My personal favorite of all three CP’s on this map, definitely.

CP1. Bring in the heavies and spies! The layout feels solid, but for now I’m interested in seeing how it plays out. I’ve got a couple of changes in mind if it needs balancing towards either side, but I need help from the playtesters with that.

All in all, I’m very interested in seeing how this map plays out, as it has been great fun for me to play with about every class I’ve tried here. :)

Last edited by Zipok,

King Pave

#

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

You can do an epic aggressive demoman jump when going to mid, getting extra boost from both the sloped roofs and end up behind the enemy – with nearly full health, as the jump only requires one sticky. It just is quite hard to do consistently, and as such requires quite a bit of practise. oh, and THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT.

Zipok

Indeed, EPIC aggro jumps for every single heroic demoman out there. Although the bugged slope boost should be fixed.

Last edited by Zipok,

kimsku

AWESOME!
moi tarmo.

compton

cvx|

bump!

Last edited by compton,

wer

tfortress.no

Seems very good :)

One thing i noticed after running around on it. You should clip the stairs to make them more smooth to walk on, also the splash damage doesnt work when they aren’t clipped.

Last edited by wer,

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

Its good ;) so PICKUPCHANNEL ADMINS, add this to your maplist. Good map, deserves more attention =)

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

release a final and will be on romanian pickups

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

release a final and will be on romanian pickups

so no chances to get betatests and opinions what should be improved? awesome thinking mate.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

tarmo we play a pickup in 1 month, how do you want to see this map played ? sorry but its not really my fault but i said that the map will have a chance for beeing popular after final.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

So why exactly can’t you play the beta version of it MEANWHILE? And why even run a pickup chan if there is a pickup once a month.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

So why exactly can’t you play the beta version of it MEANWHILE? And why even run a pickup chan if there is a pickup once a month.

I know that Cake is one of your best friends, you may ask him :)

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

What has cake got to do with that pickup of yours, hes european: http://etf2l.org/forum/user/1391/

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »