Forum

cp_pro_dustbowl

Created 18th October 2009 @ 19:50

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

blisf

http://www.ozfortress.com/maps/TF2/cp_pro_dustbowl

I was looking at OZFortress and I saw that they are using a pro version of dustbowl, which removes the last stage.
This would allow a faster game, and maybe a play style as same as GP (abba)

What do you have to say?

What’s so special about this map it only removes the last stage

blisf

People don’t play the original because its too long to finish.

Hoppihavet

I dont play it cause it’s damn boring.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

spambowl ftw

destructo

same sheit

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

The red team will still set up 5 sentryguns at the last point?

Skyride

DUCS

tbh, Dustbowl is a pretty bad map for 6v6. I could write an essay on why what could be changed but the bottom line is that it just isn’t a good map in general.

Also, in Australia they play 8v8, not 6v6. ;)

Last edited by Skyride,

Sketch

MM

tbh, Dustbowl is a pretty bad map for 6v6. I could write an essay on why what could be changed but the bottom line is that it just isn’t a good map in general.

Also, in Australia they play 8v8, not 6v6. ;)

8v8 sweet! remind me why we stopped doing that after the first 2 months of tf2?

SfynX

T2P

no poitn to this supposed pro dustbowl, complete waste of time.

tragett

i’d play dis in 6v6

but then again i’m a retard

also, Skyride, they play 6v6 in aus/NZ what you on about

Last edited by tragett,

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Love how people hate dustbowl because a non-2xscout2xsoldier1xdemo1xmedic map couldn’t possibly be GOOD?! I personally love it just for the fact that you can do numerous things on it, not just one or two. Apart from the last stage ofcourse, that one is gay. Also skyride, write me that essay. Wanna see what exactly is bad about the map, apart from the last point. :)

Last edited by Rake,

Skyride

DUCS

also, Skyride, they play 6v6 in aus/NZ what you on about

OZFortress was mainly 8v8 until VERY recently, trust me, I know alot of TF2 players in Australia. The only reason they have fell back to 6v6 is 1) because their community is dying (etf2l is absolutely thriving in comparison) and 2) because someone woke up one morning and realised 8v8 is awful.

Their really bad, I played an 8v8 mix about a year ago with 360 ping and top fragged, considering their was meant to be a couple of pretty good players there (their equivelant of div3-4) it was pretty bad.

Waebi

‹Con›

what Rake said ^

Skyride

DUCS

Wanna see what exactly is bad about the map, apart from the last point. :)

Not gonna write a whole essay, but pretty much, the map as a whole is just far too chokey. The entrance to stage 2 for BLU for example is absolutely crazy, pretty much the epitomee of a sticky camp. A demo and a soldier could pretty much hold that as long as they can keep the ubers back. Get one of the scouts to run heavy and split uber and you’ve pretty much won the fight.

Last edited by Skyride,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »