Forum

cp_well changes?

Created 10th September 2009 @ 08:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

The two doors that open are good choke points, you’re immediately forced prioritise in killing specific classes using the trains, which also contributes to choosing class setups wisely.

Using the trians.. what?

Making these changes to the map won’t make it into granary/badlands. Its still an entirely different map with a wide range of tactics that can be played, nowhere close to any other map.

I didn’t say it would be changed into granary/badlands, I simply stated that I think that cp_well is perfectly fine the way it is.

By using the trains, I mean jumping over them to sort out snipers that can easily cover the chokes.

Though i agree with eX, they are just suggestions and could be for the better, my view is that cp_well doesn’t need to be altered in any way.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

If someone has to play cp_well in a league match, someone chose it –> there are ppl that enjoy the map.

No, either it’s due to fixed maps, or because people think they have a better chance on winning on a map that is rarely played. (Or it might be the 1% of all clans that like the map, yes.)

I heard Russian love this map.

n00ne

Imho comp tf2 players (including me at times) are just pussys , you’re afraid to play in a map you haven’t played much before , because you think that you’re not up for it and will lose.

The map doesn’t need change , the players do. You’re scared of playing new maps , you’re afraid of changes to your cosy little 2 MAPPED game. Whenever someone posts a new map topic on the forums , most just say they don’t like it purely because it’s a __NEW MAP__ , not because theres something wrong with it.

This has happened before , with cs 1.6 which competitively only played 3 maps , for 7 fucking years. It’s sad that a great game like tf2 is going the same way as cs did.

Ain’t that fucking hard to look for a pcw with your team and when opponents come in the server and see well , gully or w/e you tell them play or gtfo. I’m sure in time the “unplayed” maps would become a default.

Cheers

http://frogandprincess.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/barack-obama-yes-we-can.jpg

.____________.

If someone has to play cp_well in a league match, someone chose it –> there are ppl that enjoy the map.

No, either it’s due to fixed maps, or because people think they have a better chance on winning on a map that is rarely played. (Or it might be the 1% of all clans that like the map, yes.)

Then it wouldnt be in the league…

People play it because its better than other maps, fair enough that doesnt mean they “like it” as such but tbh it does… If you had to choose between cp_steel, cp_dustbowl and cp_well for a league match what would you choose?

Ofc its a better map than cp_steel and such. It’s a 5 point cp map, what do you expect? They’re absolutely horrible maps for 6v6 competetive play. There are no 5point cp maps in the secondary map pool as far as i know. Again, the map is 10x more playable than many other maps, which is the reason it is in the primary map pool. We can’t all just play granary and badlands 20 times in a row.

But as F2 on multiple occasions has stated in this thread, people clearly don’t prefer this map over any of the others in the primary map pools. Some people like eX and howdeh might like it and want to keep it as it is (which is understandable), but fact is the majority of the competetive community would choose not to play this map if given the choice. So why not test these changes out and see if they’re actually for the better? If they aren’t, then we all move on and keep on playing cp_well as we always have. Is there really such a big problem here?

Imho comp tf2 players (including me at times) are just pussys , you’re afraid to play in a map you haven’t played much before , because you think that you’re not up for it and will lose.

This map not being liked has nothing to do with people not playing it. I’ve probably played this map more than i’ve played granary, doesn’t change the fact that there are problems with chokepoints and such.

piece

The map doesn’t need change , the players do. You’re scared of playing new maps , you’re afraid of changes to your cosy little 2 MAPPED game. Whenever someone posts a new map topic on the forums , most just say they don’t like it purely because it’s a __NEW MAP__ , not because theres something wrong with it.

This has happened before , with cs 1.6 which competitively only played 3 maps , for 7 fucking years. It’s sad that a great game like tf2 is going the same way as cs did.

Ain’t that fucking hard to look for a pcw with your team and when opponents come in the server and see well , gully or w/e you tell them play or gtfo. I’m sure in time the “unplayed” maps would become a default.

Cheers

http://frogandprincess.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/barack-obama-yes-we-can.jpg

Where the hell is well a new map?
Its a shit map. Slow and boring with endless stalemates.
Telling us that we didnt play it…wtf?
We are around since tf2 is out, playing almost every night and your telling us that? We played that map to the point everyone was about to puke when he heard that we play well again……didnt rly make it more enjoyable.
Im glad that we get a new playable map with gullywash. But well is just shite and needs to be changed to a faster more enjoyable pace.
Tf2 in its own is so fucking slow alreay…now if the map design forces you to play even slower…something is wrong then and doesnt appeal many players/clans.

What f2 said!

n00ne

Okay , but it’s the same with new maps like gully and the other map contest maps , same as with well. Nobody wants to play them , i could spend an hour on irc trying to find someone whos willing to play them. So what’s wrong then?

I forgot to mention that I’m not against changes in well , as long as they don’t ruin the map

xtala

Tf2 in its own is so fucking slow alreay…now if the map design forces you to play even slower…something is wrong then and doesnt appeal many players/clans.

What f2 said!

If you honestly think that TF2 isn’t fastpaced enough you should really just quit it and start playing UT or Quake…

M0re

only thing this map needs is removed setup time. Works very well without it.

piece

ye, made it to div1 because i didnt like tf2 ;)

But the main reason well sucks is because its too slow and tehrefor never played.
Or cant you see that?

kaidus

WiK?

TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH THOUGH DIDN’T IT.

Also seriously stop flogging the dead horse on this one. Unless cp_well is COMPLETELY revised it will pretty much never be popular, but if that happens why not just make a new map. Obscure was 10* better than well in its first playable alpha so really now, just move on and let it go.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3