Vali

-9w-

Quoted from byte

[…]
Thanks

Cheers

Byte

You’re welcome

(Byte, you can be as passive aggressive and childish as you wish but please do not resort to admin abuse. If you, as an admin, cannot act neutrally then please feel free to type !admin on #etf2l and raise the issue with someone that can. You’re welcome.)

[Not childish nor is it a form of admin abuse, if you are going to quote me, then by all means you quote me if you are going to edit it what I’ve said then it’s not a quote anymore by Byte now is it? Make some sense, grow up and don’t be an ungrateful person that you’ve shown to many a ppl in the past. : Edited by Byte]

{Using an admin position in order to edit a user’s post multiple times without their consent when the post in question is not breaking any rules is a clear case of admin abuse. If you feel that your sterling name has been blemished by the interpretation represented in the aforementioned post then please refer to the previous edit as to the correct course of action to follow. I would also like to note that personal attacks and flaming are not tolerated on the ETF2L forums and the slanderous remarks in your edit are both offensive and unbefitting of proper admin etiquette. Please show more restraint in the future.}

[Edited by Byte : Looks like my point has been made^ You’re welcome]

Last edited by byte,

archy

Quoted from choiie

These beams look a bit weird, why are they there in the first place? Looks like the brush has just been made 16 units too big. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998577229/screenshot/542905036697814651 Same here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998577229/screenshot/542905036697816669

chojje counting the hammer units ingame like a boss. but i might wanna say that those are only 15 units!

Last edited by archy,

Vince

BiG

Quoted from archy

[…]

chojje counting the hammer units ingame like a boss. but i might wanna say that those are only 15 units!

I have grid ocd, they are 16. Why they are there? Hmm, does it was like that when I got the map count? :)

PingWIN

Well we played on this map on excello cup and everybody had a horrible fps drop on the new version. However i don’t have any idea why it happens only on the new version.

byte

Nothing has changed, should have more fps, so check server settings and/ or your own settings.

It’s something which I’m v happy about this map is the lack of complaints about fps.

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

archy

Quoted from PingWIN

Well we played on this map on excello cup and everybody had a horrible fps drop on the new version. However i don’t have any idea why it happens only on the new version.

Quoted from byte

Nothing has changed, should have more fps, so check server settings and/ or your own settings.

It’s something which I’m v happy about this map is the lack of complaints about fps.

Cheers

Byte

Quoted from byte

Nothing has changed, should have more fps.

How can the map have more fps than at earlier stages, when actually nothing has changed? As far as I know, fps dont just randomly come from nowhere.

byte

More optimization, but nothing to affect fps to go lower, usually to do with sight lines, fade distances and the amount of stuff to actually render.

What you’ve quoted would be valid if I added more stuff onto the map/objects etc however this is not really the case. If you want to be pedantic msg me! :x

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

archy

I actually have just spent ~20 minutes running around on obscure_remake_rc1 and i got a lot of stuff to talk about.

Since its pretty late right now, I really cant be arsed to take some screenshots. My major concern is that the 2nd cp is *basically* 1 big cube (I dont know how the skybox was placed….). There is nothing to optimize around. I guess the few brushes which are in this area (the platform for CP2) are detail brushes, at least they should be. According to my wireframe, all the rocks in this area seem to be props (they dont look really good btw, their skin looks stretched like nothing else i have seen so far.) When standing on the small balcony, a lot of stuff on mid is rendered. And that, in my opinion, should not be the case.

Oh and yes, optimization has a lot to do with sight lines, but accoring to wireframe, some sightlines are still pretty long (referring to the stuff that is rendered on mid while standing on the balcony).

But what ever, I have added Vince in Steam. I will talk to him whenever I have the chance to do so.

byte

Quoted from archy

I actually have just spent ~20 minutes running around on obscure_remake_rc1 and i got a lot of stuff to talk about.

Since its pretty late right now, I really cant be arsed to take some screenshots. My major concern is that the 2nd cp is *basically* 1 big cube (I dont know how the skybox was placed….). There is nothing to optimize around. I guess the few brushes which are in this area (the platform for CP2) are detail brushes, at least they should be. According to my wireframe, all the rocks in this area seem to be props (they dont look really good btw, their skin looks stretched like nothing else i have seen so far.) When standing on the small balcony, a lot of stuff on mid is rendered. And that, in my opinion, should not be the case.

Oh and yes, optimization has a lot to do with sight lines, but accoring to wireframe, some sightlines are still pretty long (referring to the stuff that is rendered on mid while standing on the balcony).

But what ever, I have added Vince in Steam. I will talk to him whenever I have the chance to do so.

Awesome, I’m sure we’ll appreciate your input, danke.

Cheers

Byte

Wolf :D

PStM
DStS

byte prem mapmaker

cheers,

Wolf

dauk

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3915/obsr.jpg

rock looks like penis

laerin