Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 94 95 96 ... 109 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

About this map…ummm, last point is absolutely massive so really hard to push out from last to second, the way the point is designed as well makes it easy to cap if you just jump a demo behind on the point and sticky in front of you. Needs to be a bit smaller, the concept is good as it is a bit more open than last Obscure but it is just too big.

2nd point was only point I liked from last obscure, seems added a lot more stuff, not sure if I enjoy the extra obstacles and even though we have more entrances than before I still preferred the old obscure.

I haven’t worked out middle yet, more rollout options I guess not checked them out so there is a bit more variety, that is always good.

dauk

I haven’t played it yet but from my lonely walk on the map:

1-Id suggested to remove cave thing which is above last resup doors so when sollies would leave door and try to defend with rj they would not knock their head on it. Supper annoying.

2-My opinio the house from 2nd to last is too big and too much space that will be unused which makes it hard to push back and etc. Would recommend make it smaller.

More things will come, pug started

MEGAMIDDIE

Just finished a game, 0-0, suffers form the same problem as freight, too turtley.

Old obscure was better, now the last is even worse than befor…
Engi + Engi / Heavy is really incredible on defending last.

Just played a 30 min pcw which ended 0:0. Enemy team was just stuck on their last, and we were stuck pushing their last for about 20+ times, with only a few attempts of theirs to push out.

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo58/Bennygl/cp_obscure_remake_b30156.jpg

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from Hildreth

… the way the point is designed as well makes it easy to cap if you just jump a demo behind on the point and sticky in front of you.

How is that different from pretty much any other map? Just don’t let the demo jump/walk on the point but focus him down.

And guys really? 0-0? If you’re stuck attacking last for 25minutes start using your f’ing brain: go sniper, go double spy, go kritz, go anything but the norm. Heck, just let them cap second, wipe them with a push there and cap last easy? No? Pfft….

Quoted from Snyyppis

[…]

How is that different from pretty much any other map? Just don’t let the demo jump/walk on the point but focus him down.

And guys really? 0-0? If you’re stuck attacking last for 25minutes start using your f’ing brain: go sniper, go double spy, go kritz, go anything but the norm. Heck, just let them cap second, wipe them with a push there and cap last easy? No? Pfft….

+1

Getting a 0-0 is just really really fucking bad on your part, not the map.

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

+1

Is it though? How many 0-0s have you seen on badlands, granary or gullywash?

Quoted from Mark

[…]

We had one vs Vertex on gullywash a week or 3 ago. :D

Mark

Phase

So 1 then.

Quoted from Mark

So 1 then.

And 1 on old obscure, and I think 1 on freight_final1. Not that many, and not only on obscure.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Arnold

DAKKA

Followed not long after by

We had one vs Vertex on gullywash a week or 3 ago. :D

shouldn’t call yourself bad :p

Last edited by Arnold,

hans

Quoted from Mark

Had a 0-0 on Badlands once. It was an official, too.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

While I agree we could have pushed better, as we did not have the best understanding of the map, the sentry position next to spawn behind the metal sheet wall means that it is hard to get and blocks jumps to point, doubly so if there is a heavy on spire.

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

And 1 on old obscure, and I think 1 on freight_final1. Not that many, and not only on obscure.

Yes, but compare the amount of times you’ve played those maps to obscure.

Quoted from Mark

[…]

Yes, but compare the amount of times you’ve played those maps to obscure.

I actually quite like obscure, and played it almost as much as gully. Far more than freight as well.

Quoted from Arnold

[…]

Followed not long after by

[…]

shouldn’t call yourself bad :p

Hey we have no problems admitting we failed utterly there. :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 94 95 96 ... 109 Next »