Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 95 96 97 ... 109 Next »

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

I actually quite like obscure, and played it almost as much as gully. Far more than freight as well.

I’m talking in general, and not just your personal experiences – I’ve seen a fair few 0-0s on Obscure, and maybe one on every other map.

byte

Gotta say it’s hilarious how one scenario can impede an opinion and be put on a thread, i’m sorry guys but if you can’t tackle a sg and a heavy on last when there is clearly a blind spot opposing the 2 frontal entrances then how do you do you push granary on last with a heavy and engi on last? when all 3 entrances are in front? lol…

*sighs more than Jesus did just before dying*

Cheers

Byte

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

What is the point of the staircase on last, anyway?

Quoted from Mark

[…]

I’m talking in general, and not just your personal experiences – I’ve seen a fair few 0-0s on Obscure, and maybe one on every other map.

I’ve not seen more 0-0’s on obscure than on other maps, relative to playtime.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from byte

Gotta say it’s hilarious how one scenario can impede an opinion and be put on a thread, i’m sorry guys but if you can’t tackle a sg and a heavy on last when there is clearly a blind spot opposing the 2 frontal entrances then how do you do you push granary on last with a heavy and engi on last? when all 3 entrances are in front? lol…

*sighs more than Jesus did just before dying*

Cheers

Byte

As a heavy on spire means it is hard/impossible to get to sentry and when there are two sentries it is even worse. It might be a one-off occurrence, on the other hand we should see if other people can replicate this defense. If so, then it has same problem as freight.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Respawn is so close, so so close we got like 1-2 early kills but by the time our uber fades with a heavy + sentry we can’t get anywhere near taking them down even when we make them multi, even if we do get some good kills and we’re about ready to focus on the sentry hidden in the corner someone respawns full health + ammo and kill us.

It is hard to take down a turtle defence fair enough but the point is the way last point is designed makes that defence near impossible to break. Make the spawns further away or move the point closer.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Snyyppis

[…]

And guys really? 0-0? If you’re stuck attacking last for 25minutes start using your f’ing brain: go sniper, go double spy, go kritz, go anything but the norm. Heck, just let them cap second, wipe them with a push there and cap last easy? No? Pfft….

Tried it. Didn’t work. Only thing didn’t try was a Heavy on last.

It reminds me of pushing Snakewater before fixed points. This map has potential but the last point really needs sorting.

dougiie

CotC

I like mid.
I like 2nd.
I really really don’t like last.

jgmaster

BM

Quoted from Hildreth

Respawn is so close, so so close

daiL

Second time we do a 0-0 on this map (2/3). Last is very easy to defend, but maybe it’s bcs we have no exp on it.

JustMoose

.:ne:.

I like everything that is the same as the old obscure and i hate everything that is different.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

re: the sentry/heavy issue: Welcome to the gayest playstyle known to tf2 right now.

“What’s that? We’ve been pushed to last? Nvm, we’ll just sit here with a heavy and engie and never push out on any map ever”. That’s not a map specific problem, it’s a something that a lot of teams do on a lot of maps and it’s very frustrating to play against. Usually they’ll get over eager though and try to push out if you wipe on their defense, sounds like you were unlucky and they just decided to sit there for 30 minutes waiting instead though.

daiL

We didn’t sit in our last 30min, we were on there last during something 10 minutes. We just take a heavy and an engi for push with the heavy and all the team (exept engi) with succes because we don’t know how to push the second to last even we do a full team.

Last edited by daiL,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Have’t read this thread but I took a bunch of screens on the most recent version of shit that might want to be fixed.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/admirable/screenshots

They have comments D:

Last edited by Admirable,

Askior

swimp

I’ll add my feedback too:

I was one of few guys who liked the old version of this map. Because snow was cool, and second was changing the game play. But i have just one question: What have you smoke when you make the remake? x)

1) the new spawn is too long to defend the last. Something cool with the old version was the possibilites to defend from top right. Now we need to walk, walk and walk to try to defend.

2) Why have you remove the left house to put some rock on the second point?

3) The middle. I do not know if it’s an impression it but it seems really tight. When we come from the left, as medic, i dont saw the spam.

And my last question is : why you have enlarge the map? 18 sec to reach the middle. This is partly due to that shitty spawn and this second point.

Well, sorry for my bad english, but i was liking obscure_final, and i really (>9000) dislike the remake_b3

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 95 96 97 ... 109 Next »