Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 85 86 87 ... 109 Next »

byte

Many thanks for all those who messaged me with regards to helping finishing the map.

Vince has very kindly offered his services! He’s given me an estimate of 2-3 weeks for the map til completion which is awesome.

At the moment the aim is for it to be made ready for a test 6vs6, maybe if I speak to Albert and it can be played in tf2cup or something etc…

@ Retsh0ck the last is something to your liking tbh :p If not then i don’t know you anymore ;(

Will keep you updated soon amigos!

Cheers

Byte

Califax

dyn.

Godspeed Vince. :)

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

Vince will turn obscure into Grack w/ snow.

byte

Played the remake last night with the pickup2 boys, many thanks to those who turned up and played it.

Conclusions:

– cp1 is a tad too small and needs expanding + entrances need more distance apart.
– cp2 too wide with the house on the left and area
– cp3 too big a distance to cover.
– Rocks on cp3 are too chunky and no real space to manoeuvre on the ground

Amongst the other small bugs which ppl found, overall it was definitely faster in terms of pushing, and there wasn’t a single situation where it was “stalemate” pushing out to cp3 is much easier for the attacking team now too which was the aim really.

Vince has done some epic work, and am thoroughly impressed with his German Efficiency :D so mega props to him!

The outlines mentioned above will be corrected for next version, so bare with us.

Cheers

Byte

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from byte

– cp2 too wide with the house on the left and area
– cp3 too big a distance to cover.

Byte

personally i liked the vastness, with more detail like boxes it would be awesome :)

davesan

epx^
Panda

you planning to do any open playtests this time around or just closed to pickup2?

would be cool to take a look like last time!

ps. always enjoyed obscure, hoping this is even better ^_^

byte

Quoted from Mike

[…]

personally i liked the vastness, with more detail like boxes it would be awesome :)

Aye can see why but if you go from sniper balc to the opposite end Mike it’s sucha huge area to cover especially as soldier, would take u 2½ rocket jumps just to get to the same end lol which is fail :/

cp2 jus needs a tad shrinking in terms of width but nothing major there.

Cp1 yea we all agreed it was a nice battle for sure but too small as 1 rocket would hurt a gazillion ppl etc.

So the entrances are getting moved. Should be smoother in next one and the blue lobby door won’t be broken………………………………… -.-*

Cheers

Byte

atmo

Sounds cool, always enjoy Obscure on the HH server. Got any screenshots to share to see the differences?

byte

Quoted from davesan

you planning to do any open playtests this time around or just closed to pickup2?

would be cool to take a look like last time!

ps. always enjoyed obscure, hoping this is even better ^_^

Not in pug2 yet mate just did private, am hoping with the next update it’ll be open to public for playtesting. Will post it in here once it’s done.

Cheers

Byte

byte

Quoted from atmo

Sounds cool, always enjoy Obscure on the HH server. Got any screenshots to share to see the differences?

Sure if I get time tonight or if you want you can volunteer to take screenshots :D as i have a million and one things to do 2night ¬_¬

Cheers

Byte

Mike

TEZC

Byte – i know that but thats what i like about it!!!

btw you are on steam no?

byte

I think if I tweak it a bit Mike like area wise you’ll still like it :p

Nah bud at work be back in an hour or so ;/

Cheers

Byte

Vince

BiG

You tweak a bit? I have to do those tedious edits :D. It’s a bit overscaled though anyway.

minimoose

Images of the remake: http://www.mediafire.com/?cw7hswjpz2m56

2 of them are weird and require a download I believe but I’m sure you will live.

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

Quoted from minimoose

Images of the remake: http://www.mediafire.com/?cw7hswjpz2m56

2 of them are weird and require a download I believe but I’m sure you will live.

sweet.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 85 86 87 ... 109 Next »