Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 109 Next »

byte

Koeitje u lesbian! tried to contact u last night, you would of enjoyed it much more this time than the first time in b2 dude i’m on tonight if you wanna mix etc!

Shox its a fair point however the time it takes to get to cp3 is a little bit longer than badlands (2 seconds as a soldier) but faster than granary there is a health pack on cp2 (50% +1hp) size so you could get there early with around 175hp to cp3 which i think is a fair trade, if you’re wanting to get in early and get back onto cp3!

Myself and Codcrille are hoping to make it playable for pickups in b5 version so watch this space!

Cheers

Byte

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Myself and Codcrille are hoping to make it playable for pickups in b5 version so watch this space!

This space, myspace, or your space?

.. I’m lolling.

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

should you really use beta phase already if it isnt even playable on pugs yet? thats why there is alphas :>

byte

It is playable though and just about ready for pug’s and pcw’s : > hence beta : > just a few tweaks i’d like on it before i send it out? u know?

And berserker u fail! <3

Cheers

Byte

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Koeitje u lesbian! tried to contact u last night, you would of enjoyed it much more this time than the first time in b2 dude i’m on tonight if you wanna mix etc!

Shox its a fair point however the time it takes to get to cp3 is a little bit longer than badlands (2 seconds as a soldier) but faster than granary there is a health pack on cp2 (50% +1hp) size so you could get there early with around 175hp to cp3 which i think is a fair trade, if you’re wanting to get in early and get back onto cp3!

Cheers

Byte

I’m at my Dad’s watching the kids, so my pc is just idling (aka no wai i’m gonna get a hat but fuck the enviroment) :(. But I’m looking forward to play it again.

codcrille

Fresh.

Alphas betas who cares? Reason we want to wait a bit with putting in pugs is that it feels rather forced as we are still changing lots of things between each playtest. When the things that needs fixing are fewer and less obvious it’s time to hit the pugs.

And thanks to everyone who been playtesting the last days, it’s been lot’s of fun! <3

F2

Danmark

I also like that you only have 6 minutes to capture a control point. Imo all 5cp maps should have this (instead of 10 minutes). Maybe even 5 minutes would be good.

Btw, dno if you have noticed this leak.

byte

Aye man we equally both thought 10minutes is a bit too much when you’re trying to create a fast paced map/game tbh… i think 6 minutes is initially fair 5 minutes would start to apply pressure without the enemy team having to do anything.

and muchos thanks for finding the leak, i mentioned it to cod that i get an fps drop at cp1 but i couldn’t find where :D and this is one of them im sure :D

I’m up for some mixing on it 2night guys if anyone is interested pm meh/codcrille on irc or join #cpobscure ! :D

Cheers

Byte

Largos^

PRO

After another pickup, I see how much the map caters to aggressive play. Figures I learned that the last 5 minutes.

b5 was quite enjoyable. I look forward to the planned expansion of the 2nd point.

Puppets

mid is awesome in his way, how being agressive is worth it, but still keeping an eye on scous coming at around the balcony to kill ya medic, with the roofs accesable, this map is even more enjoyable, keep it updating, so far every change was nice

davesan

epx^
Panda

played this last night, thought it was a really good map..really playable for all classes alike, as byte has already said i do think the 2nd point is a bit small and also like others said resupply needs to be a bit further back from middle. other than them 2 small bits, i really enjoyed it.

byte

Muchos thanks to those that turned up yesterday to play the clan game ([FB] and [FB²]) also muchos thanks to those who mixed right after too :D

Aye, i do think CP2 altho fun and quick along with competitive it’s just a tad too compact so we have now increased the area a little bit and moved the cp back and cp1 building back in ratio but will not affect the game play at the same time…

cp_obscure_b5a

– Fixed lighting reflecting onto snow which causes the player to be blind >_<
– Expanded the area of cp2 slightly to allow more time to defend if withdrawing from cp3 to cp2
– Removed extra ammo pack near the boxes at cp2, replaced the big ammo box on the crate to a small one on cp2
– Fixed getting stuck behind the barrel on cp3 balcony where you would lose some health also.
– Smoothen'ed the fence out on the balcony so people can run up the side ramp going to the balcony without being blocked.
– Added a ledge the ceiling of the ramp going from cp2 to cp3 so that the view is blocked from a sniper from a very long distance, also allows any class to jump around under now.
– Moved the Blue Barrel near cp2 going to balcony a bit nearer so that the double jump is made easier to getting on to the balc.
– Adding various textures some make up going onto the map to make it playable for pugs now.

Am hoping to test it out tonight guys with the various fixes and textures etc! if you're interested in playing a mix like we have been for the past 3 days join #cpobscure @ quakenet or pm me on irc.

I’ll be putting updated screnshots tonight as well hopefully, that reminds me i need to speak to j00 Absolute :x

Cheers

Byte

jgmaster

BM

Download link? :)

iQue

keso

Looks great. Or well… it looks like it will play great. ;)

Gief download naow

Largos^

PRO

No more purple snow? Count me out for any future playtests! :P

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 109 Next »