Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 109 Next »

Randdalf

(0v0)

One of the staples of making maps playable (and I learnt this the hard way), is that it should be fully lit before release. Even if it is tedious, it only takes 5 minutes to throw some light entities and a skybox in and mirror them – makes it a lot more playable and easy on the eyes.

Yeah, so make sure it has lighting :) (and less HL2 textures D:)

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Very enjoyable to play on. Makes other classes like heavy/spy a very viable choice. Unique looking points and with a healthpack in the sky above cp3, what fragga wouldn’t like it?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

HWG is very viable yeah. Liked middle and 2nd/4th :)

Wiiking

just gonna write it down… somehow :P

Too many healthpoints spread over the map, i dont know which one should go or stay or get smaller, but there are too many.

Defending the right side of mid when pushin 2nd (for the attackers i mean) left seems really really easy. I dont know if this is good or bad but it really is, leave one solly on the top there and u can freeshoot anyone with 2 rockets before they can counter you.

At least the first game now it was really easy to take down the enemy demo on the mid battles if he went through the house (on the right) by just running straight at him :P i guess it was hard for him to see and maybe you should look into if this happends more often and maybe adjust the map a bit… somehow :P

Last cp needs a more granary like cap time, not badlands time. <— which kinda ruined the hole defence on last, so i dont know if its too hard or not to defend the last cp.

its too narrow at top on last, those stairs etc is such a <3 place for a solly or demo to take down anything.

the respawndoor ofc on mid which u can access and hide in during fights needs a fix :P

byte

Hey all

Just to give you an update, cp_obscure_b4 will be out tonight and i will need some map testers/players to play 6v6 30min x 2 :)

We’ve added some textures and made it visually a little bit better however its not complete in terms of visuals we’re still concerned with the game layout and so on. If its anything to go by after playing cp_obscure_b2 it’s gonna be great :D

For those that don’t know last saturday we played it for the first time and it was a massive success in terms of…

1) fast-paced
2) variety of classes can be used (including the heavy and thats without its update coming out :D (ask extremer ;p))
3) Unique Cap points

Cp1 routing layout has been changed as it was the only part of the map that wasn’t “smooth” as such…

Everyone enjoyed it and felt like playing the map again and wanted to play the map more and more! :-)!!

If you’re interested as a clan or player please leave me a pm on irc #wotr or #mpuktf2.pickup whichever and i’ll respond back to you i won’t be back until 6ishpm tho…(also msg me on steam friends if ur interested)

Oh and YYT|Dave its theme is now based on a more snowy/swampy style ;)

Anyway look forward to playing it tonight! :D

Cheers

Byte

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Post some screenies man, I ain’t at home and am curious about the new part between 4th and 5th :P

davesan

epx^
Panda

would love to give this map a go, give us a buzz if anyone i know is playing it :D

eoN^

Would love a download url so we can have a look around it Byte :)

byte

Once its avail for the Scandi’s i.e. swede’s and finn’s pickup i’ll post the link in here asap :x

Let me know if your avail peeps!

Cheers

Byte :D

Crunchy

played this tonight and it seems like a really well balanced map, plenty of times were a heavy is useful and it really favours and aggressive solly if he’s fast enough, imo this map is fantastic

Largos^

PRO

Just played. I loved it.

Middle really caters to airborne soldiers and demos with the floating medkit. Get there fast or else.

1st is kind of weird. It feels very “forced.” Making the medic jump up boxes to get to the top area seems more gimmicky rather than offering new strategies. The point also feels plopped down in the back of the room. The escape hatch is a great way to get behind the attackers, but again, it feels like you had several nifty ideas about last and it just needs to undergo a facelift.

I can’t comment on 2nd since I was always dead during second battles or running like mad to get back to 1st.

These are just random thoughts after 1 pickup. I’d be happy to test more.

Skyride

DUCS

Ye really +1 Crunchy

I was playing also. Its a bit challenging for medics, I think we really need to hang back at mid quite a bit to get back inside QUICKLY as its quite easy for a soldier/demo to get behind you very quickly.

I really do love the playstyle of this map, very quick and face paced.

Byte, once you get this map looking a little better graphically, presumabley next beta, i’d say get it out there for people to play PCW’s and pickups on. Its a nice map and its really at that stage now.

byte

Was ace tonight, so much fun and competitive play we had tonight alot of the players wanted to play more and more :D

I have 2 clans wanting to play on Thursday CiC² vs .:ne:. and then tomorrow i have [FB] vs ?

I need a 2nd clan to play this map on if possible i’d like to see how a coordinated team works on the map so far with mixes its worked very well with all classes too which is great.

Cp1 has a new small ramp so that players can get up to the top part as well making it easier especially for the medic.. :-)

Please pm me on irc #wotr @ quakenet leave me a message and i’ll get back to you after 6pm tomorrow.

It’s looking really good guys :D By the way i’m up for mixing on it tomorrow guys after you’re clan pcw’s and so on.

If you’re interested please join #cpobscure @ quakenet

Cheers

Byte

ShoX

Sir
dp.

Yeah, last night was pretty awesome.

CP3 has some great potential for some good old fashioned DM which is great. The only issue I had last night was when dying on CP3. I respawn on CP1 and because of the speed the map is played I only really caught up with my team as they were pushing the last CP.

Might be nice for the health packs to be arranged in such a way that a soldier/demo can get back to the front quickly?

Other than that I reckon it has massive potential to be a top competative map.

wp!

Rob

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Yeah, last night was pretty awesome.

CP3 has some great potential for some good old fashioned DM which is great. The only issue I had last night was when dying on CP3. I respawn on CP1 and because of the speed the map is played I only really caught up with my team as they were pushing the last CP.

Might be nice for the health packs to be arranged in such a way that a soldier/demo can get back to the front quickly?

Other than that I reckon it has massive potential to be a top competative map.

wp!

Rob

Is prob because distance from cp1 -> cp2 is 2.5 times or something cp2 to cp3.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 109 Next »