Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 ... 109 Next »

byte

An update since the release of b3 and the obscure cup, various bugs came to my attention and also some visuals needed changing on cp2, i hope these changes will make you enjoy cp2 more as its a bit more diverse now.

Fixed Bugs

– Doors finally fixed and yes they are fixed now :P
– Added a new visual impact to cp2 hoping you lot will enjoy
– Various detailing on cp3 and colour distinction applied
– New semi route to run around under neath cp2 should give a scout much fun staying alive
– MAJOR fps boost on capture point 2 now, about 35% increase.
– Some clips fixed especially on the barrels in the lobby area
The most important change When the attackers have capped capture point 4 the respawn wave time is now between 5-9seconds (if your very stupid and die instantly then 10 seconds) (where as before it was 9-15seconds).

It’s now available in multiplay pickups, also if the other pickup channels want to update it feel free to download it and update your pickups! I will contact you shortly.

Download cp_obscure_b4
http://fakkelbrigade.eu/byte/cp_obscure_b4.zip

Cheers

Byte

alfa

Fixed doors n1 o/

Wobblit

Nice changes. I really like the loading dock as you push in from the left to CP2. That area was too boring before.

Not sure if it is intended or not, but the space you have to run under cp2 is really small, you have to be bang in the middle of the two CP-legs or you don’t get under. IMO the whole area between two legs should be tall enough to get under, not just a tiny bit of it.

Also the two entrances at left on mid (balcony and medkit doorways) seem much more well lit now, so you actually can see snipers standing far back. Hope this stays. It does however to me seem like the blue side is much darker than red side, possibly making blue snipers harder to see?

Last edited by Wobblit,

byte

Not sure if it is intended or not, but the space you have to run under cp2 is really small, you have to be bang in the middle of the two CP-legs or you don’t get under. IMO the whole area between two legs should be tall enough to get under, not just a tiny bit of it.

Nah mate the idea behind it is if you want to stay alive or get that extra bit of luck you have to earn it by learning how to run + duck (to get in), either you hit it spot on and can run under without even crouching or your gonna have to run + crouch (to get out). It’s meant to give scouts a quick get away and help medic’s complete their uber if they are just short, while the enemy team are attacking with uber. Yet at the same time a piece of skill is required by the player, i ain’t gonna make a “un-earnt” route for free as it wouldn’t be right to the game play :P

When you say the lighting do you mean inside the house bit @ cp3? Like both sides.

[FB]Animal let me know if you get an fps boost on cp2 now (Y).

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

jgmaster

BM

In b3 it was darker on the blue house than the red (or vice versa?) and so harder to spot snipers. Dunno if this is what Wobblit was on about?

Wobblit

In b3 it was darker on the blue house than the red (or vice versa?) and so harder to spot snipers. Dunno if this is what Wobblit was on about?

Yeah, but the difference seems to be even greater now. The red room is really bright watching it from the mid point (at least for me), while the blue is quite a bit darker.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Yeah, but the difference seems to be even greater now. The red room is really bright watching it from the mid point (at least for me), while the blue is quite a bit darker.

Agreed, much harder to spot a blu sniper

byte

Okay coolios, will look into it guys thanks for the feedback! :)

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

SamurAi

My most favourite map of all the maps on TF2 ;]
Great design updates map looks more alive as it looked quiete plain and now it looks great.

great work byte ;]

Last edited by SamurAi,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

NICE JOB CHRISTIAN!

You suck Byte :<

Wobblit

In my last pickup I got stuck as a Heavy hiding in the grass just outside the right side doorway from the mid-house at CP2. I was standing far back and crouching down, then i got stuck and could not move or stand up.

I believe this happened at red cp2.

byte

Thanks Wobblit, will check it out tonight after work dude. I appreciate you finding these minor flaws makes the map more concise and error free.

Now the map has been out for 4days, hows it going? Is the flow much better now pushing from house to cp2?

Also do people like the new addition on the right hand side of cp2?

Also do scouts/medic’s like the new half’ish route under neath cp2?

I’ve pld it once in a high pcw and it was tense but that could be a bias opinion!

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

dauk

Not sure if it’s a bug ,but in that low room (from the right if ull look from middle to push to second cp ,room with 2 containers) , on left wall there are ‘vents’ and you can shoot throu them.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Not sure if it’s a bug ,but in that low room (from the right if ull look from middle to push to second cp ,room with 2 containers) , on left wall there are ‘vents’ and you can shoot throu them.

Not a bug

vlad_drac

xoxo

1 problem i spotted in the comp games tonight:
EXTREMELY low fps on middle and sometimes a bit after that. It’s really, really bad for me, dunno about anyone else. I notice that there are hundreds and hundreds of planks around middle, the bridge has splits in it making even more polygons, the stuff outside the map there are hundreds of logs and stuff.

I think this is why my fps was so low – maybe it’s because the map is still in beta?

But yeah, if there’s any chance of improving this, i would have enjoyed the map, but from having 75 constant on gran/badlands, i get about 40-50 on obscure.

Edit: my pc isn’t shit, isn’t amazing

Last edited by vlad_drac,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 ... 109 Next »