Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 ... 109 Next »

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

One of the things which struck me early on was how little I got flanked on the map. It’s very much a head-on type of map which really does make it alot more enjoyable for the soldiers and medics. There’s really no possibility to flank an enemy team holding 2nd point, as the defending team’s right side will be stickied and covered by a soldier and the left will also be fully covered by another soldier and scouts.

This makes the map a refreshing change from all the others which place so much influence on control of the flank. If there is a problem pushing final or 4th then use the class options, both sniper and spy are hugely effective on this map.

An idea to help this would be: make the first forward respawn (at 2nd) accessible once the middle point is capped, but locked when only 1st and 2nd are held (obviously). This would mean a choke between middle and 4th could be easily dealt with by a scout running back to 2nd forward resup to change class to spy/sniper – and the best thing about this is that it doesnt change any part of the map, nor any fundamental gameplay.

FreeLanceFoX

[TF2M1]

A few things…

I’m happy to see a successful custom map reaching this level of recognition, great for you mate. Any chance you could upload the demo from the finals match for those of us interested (maybe just meee :P).

I intended to give you some detailed feedback just from running around it myself, but I think I’ll try and do that tonight.

Cheers!

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Demo’s won’t be available. We never switched maps, so all matches played on any server are all 1 big file. Also, the servers have been running all night, making the demo-files ridiculously large. Sorry about that.

ilike2spin

RLM

Maybe some POV demos, anybody?

cMw

kaidus? im looking at u

wer

tfortress.no

You can shoot trough these vents.
http://www.imagedonkey.com/out.php?i=31597_cpobscureb30010.jpg

the yellow/black border ruins splash damage
http://www.imagedonkey.com/out.php?i=31598_cpobscureb30011.jpg

this could be better clipped
http://www.imagedonkey.com/out.php?i=31599_cpobscureb30012.jpg

Last edited by wer,

byte

I want people to be able to shoot through the vent’s so that will be staying as it is.

The little up-raised border will remain there however as it’s a nice thing to have i think visually, so hit their body :P and not the floor :P

Aye the plank on the pillar needs clipping thats been bugging me too D: hehe that will be fixed in the next update.

The next update should be out this evening or tomorrow. As for when its in the MP pickup depends on how quick MP upload ze map!

Also for those wanting an update to the map the majority of you are going to love cap point 2 area now as there have been some visuals changed (but NO geomtery nor layout changed but the visual effects will make you feel different about the area) also there is a 35% increase in fps at cp2 now, i.e. you were probably getting 60-80fps on avg now you should get 95-135fps avg.

Cheers

Byte

wer

tfortress.no

If u want people to be able to shoot through there u should make it more obvious that it’s possible.

Normally u owuldnt be able to shoot through vents like that.
You would have to know that its possible, a person new to the map would never know that as it is now.
Imo it should be changed to something else

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Valve show no interest afaik in correcting the explosion bug, therefore the raised border and masses of stairs just make perfectly accurate shots deal no damage.

I think the left-side house (as you attack middle) could still be made better, it’s still possible defending 2nd to see the enemy enter the house, and because there’s a gap between that and the snow-top house it’s often not possible to get behind the choke point and flank the enemy. Linking the houses together would mean the team holding 2nd, would need to send players into a deeper lying defensive position, this in itself would free up the choke a little.

byte

If u want people to be able to shoot through there u should make it more obvious that it’s possible.

You would have to know that its possible, a person new to the map would never know that as it is now.

Sure, you mean like badlands? fastlane? where they have the same prop inserted and you can sit in them too, you think that this was intended? Same goes here if you can sit in the fan-vents then you can expect shots firing through as well.

Go check it out on badlands cp1 :) behind the cap point :-) Also bottom main as well.

Same goes for fastlane or one other map where they have the fan-vent prop being used and does the same behaviour.

Cheers

Byte

wer

tfortress.no

Sure, you mean like badlands? fastlane? where they have the same prop inserted and you can sit in them too, you think that this was intended? Same goes here if you can sit in the fan-vents then you can expect shots firing through as well.

Go check it out on badlands cp1 :) behind the cap point :-) Also bottom main as well.

Same goes for fastlane or one other map where they have the fan-vent prop being used and does the same behaviour.

Cheers

Byte

I’m aware of that, but i dont understand why u want to use the same flaws as those maps have. I dont think u should be able to shoot through vents, no matter what u can in those maps

You can easly add something that makes more sense that u can shoot through.
that’s my point.

byte

I guess i want people to be able to shoot/have splash damage hit them if people sit in there :-).

Guess its your opinion against mine.

Cheers

Byte

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

I find it funny both me and my scout partner ziit, worked out what those vents were for after playing the map for 30 minutes. :D

I love them tbh. It lets you see what positions your enemy is using. It’s great for spamming small room, and it lets you take pick shots at the enemy solly on the box (distract him), AND it’s a good ninja spot to ambush other scouts.

:x

p.s. the maps still shit byte.

Last edited by GibbZ,

byte

LoL Gibbz :D fine i’ll jus have to take out the under neath route for cp2 now WHOOPS have i said too much :P

Cheers

Byte

wer

tfortress.no

I dont think u got my point.
nvm then, the map is great anyway :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 ... 109 Next »