Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 105 106 107 ... 109 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Here’s some feedback from an ignorant no-nothing….

After playing it quite a bit recently I think the last point doesn’t seem to ‘gel’ with the rest of the map. I’m not sure exactly what I mean, but it doesn’t seem to fit for some reason, like he was rushed and just said, ahh, that’ll do for now…it’s only rc1!

Pushing CP 2 isn’t quite as varied as the old version, I mean pushing the main team far right doesn’t seem to be a viable option where it was in the older map. OK for back-caps and scouts flanking obviously, but it’s nice to take the heavy team on an excursion every now and then, but it’s left or valley and that’s that.

Mid is great, I like it lots.

I would offer some insight into how I think the map could be improved, but let’s be honest, wtf do I know about map making? This much —–> .

I’ll give it a go never the less, why not…

The house at last on the right as you defend, how about a little drop-down half way down so you have two ways to attack if you push left? Window and drop-down, or just another window?

Shorten the yard at last between main entrance and the point…just a little. Defending medics can be so far back from the attackers uber that it can be very hard to force a pop or get in to do damage. I know it’s similar to granary in length, but granary has 4 doors/windows a sniper can shoot from for instance. Coud maybe do with a little more height available too. It’s a bit flat for a last point imo.

The house from last to CP2 could do with a little re-working as well as rolling out right doesn’t seem to be viable anymore. You have to go left and jump over which is too slow….either too slow or my sollies are bad, dunno. If you could make it easier for sollies and demos to jump through there and go right it would make mid fights more varied I feel.

All in all I like the map. With a few tweaks it could be amazing.

Setlet

I’m usually one of the ones who hate every new map, but the mid is AWESOME <3

I hate the fact that it's kinda impossible to attack from the last to cp2

Last edited by Setlet,

Netsky

I’m sorry to pop in unannounced but cp1 -> 2 push is easier than capping last actually. At least it’s my impression :p (even though you need to run a mile or two.)

Last edited by Netsky,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Netsky

I’m sorry to pop in unannounced but cp2 -> 1 push is easier than capping last actually. At least it’s my impression :p (even though you need to run a mile or two.)

Cp 2 -> 1 is capping last……………….

mid is pretty cool but pushing last is IMPOSSIBLE IMPOSSIBLE IMPOSSIBLE

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Tarduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

mid is pretty cool but pushing last is IMPOSSIBLE IMPOSSIBLE IMPOSSIBLE

That’s no surprise since its basically old obscure last with an entrance removed (2, if you count the right side having 1 entrance instead of 2) and a tower instead of a bridge ;).

Last edited by Koeitje,

pyro and heavy gg cant push even if u have uber and they dont

Sketch

MM

all this work and the map has all the same problems the old version had.

agree with monkey

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Sketch

all this work and the map has all the same problems the old version had.

agree with monkey

Because the lay-out is practically the same, there are only some minor differences (and the theme of course). It isn’t still called Obscure for nothing ;).

tarquinbb

imo it wouldn’t be so bad if there were no doors on final cap…

doors ruin everything. the guy who invented doors needs to be defenestrated.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Any eta on the fix?

byte

Hey all

Am glad the newer version of this map was introduced as it’s had some really intense games so far in the premiership division at least. However it needs finishing off, as Vince has decided to not continue with it due to rl + clan commitments, I need a mapper purely to finish it off i.e. polish it up with the various bugs fixed and aesthetically looking clean/finished.

Am hoping it shouldn’t take long as well to sew up. If you’re interested please contact me via:

IRC – Byte-me|Aweh, Byte-me|laptop , Byte-me|Work
Steam add me (will have to remove some friends 2night so bare with me D:) – http://steamcommunity.com/id/byte-me/

Cheers

Byte

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Are you gonna change anything on the next version or just bug fixes etc?

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

how bout a winter theme for the new version?

byte

Quoted from MIndYe

Are you gonna change anything on the next version or just bug fixes etc?

Will be:

– Bug fixes
– Smother clippings so people don’t get stuck as much
– Aesthetically looking to spruce it up.

So basically polishing it up nothing else.

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 105 106 107 ... 109 Next »