Forum

cp_logjam (5CP)

Created 17th June 2014 @ 23:12

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 36 Next »

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

Did you forget to activate the middle point or something? I only see 4 points on my HUD and I can cap spire by default O_o

Popcorp

it’s more like a Rockjam than Logjam now…and what’s the point of a dick looking like rock on mid? :V

Last edited by Popcorp,

Roks

#FreePat

Quoted from Popcorp

it’s more like a Rockjam than Logjam now…and what’s the point of a dick looking like rock on mid? :V

Maybe to make it something like Snakewater, so that soldiers could fight for highground and point domination.

doks

Its great that you make changes and listen to the community…
but could you not put out a different version every 2nd day ? by the final version i`ll have downloaded more logjam versions then i have maps in general.

Take a week or two and make bigger and/or more changes.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Popcorp

more like cockjam rofl lmao

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from doks

Its great that you make changes and listen to the community…
but could you not put out a different version every 2nd day ? by the final version i`ll have downloaded more logjam versions then i have maps in general.

Take a week or two and make bigger and/or more changes.

I disagree. Having a lot of versions with minor changes each time means that it’s much easier to trace back a change in gameplay to a specific map change, and it also means people will give less useless feedback – as in feedback on something that’s already fixed, but not published yet.

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

Quoted from Popcorp

The point is to create an area of neutral high ground which will give which-ever team holds it an advantage over the other. Without some sort of neutral high ground for teams to fight over there is no incentive to move out beyond the safety of your own choke, and mid becomes a boring spam war.

As far as I’m concerned adding that arch on mid is a huge step towards making the map a good map.

Bathory

Quoted from Hyce

I’m probably going to clip those off. I do enjoy silly roamer spots, and as more detailing comes in more of them (especially those that will stay) will show up.

Ok ty.

raiku

STR

I don’t like that ‘cock’. The mid point looks a little too clustered now, I liked how it was before that. Maybe give it like a small wooden walkway over it? http://i.gyazo.com/57d7a4ff1be5b9ee05e430cc339812d2.png In this sort of a shape, because that massive rock penis just doesn’t feel right :P

Maybe as a test, add a small ledge here? :D http://i.gyazo.com/fa0c1cf19930dba0d6d314e52db6ca01.png

More fun as a roamer :>

PS. 4 points, wut.

Last edited by raiku,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

I also dislike the rock on middle, it just brings up all my fears of splash damage being retarded on uneven surfaces like that, a wood arch is much better in my opinion. Make a wood arch with logs on it, so it is logjam again.

raiku

STR

Quoted from MARS^

I also dislike the rock on middle, it just brings up all my fears of splash damage being retarded on uneven surfaces like that, a wood arch is much better in my opinion. Make a wood arch with logs on it, so it is logjam again.

+1

Hyce

Hahaha god dammit

I made that arch have logs for the top originally and people said it was awful and it would be better with a rock

so now it’s all rocks and it’d be better with a log. Whatever.

The point of that arch isn’t looks at the moment. It can change to a walkway, a better looking arch, some logs, or whatever- the point is to test the centralized height on the map.

A lot of people liked the mid with nothing, but a decent amount of people suggested adding centralized height so I’m giving it a shot. Anything that I change that is not detailed yet can be changed again very easily, hence why I am doing so many versions. The map doesn’t need big changes honestly, it needs tweaking.

I’m trying to tweak quickly so that the map is fantastic for your nations cup and next 6’s season.

Anyways- other ideas for centralized height on mid

I did have the idea of extending the houses to the full length of the platform, which would put the roof of each house right by point. not sure how it would work out, but that would centralize things a bit more.

Hyce

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v513pe33hma39go/cp_logjam_b6f.bsp

Here’s a version with a working middle control point… no fucking idea why it didn’t work before, but it does now.

raiku

STR

haha :D

Well I guess time will tell which is better, I liked how it was without the arch but maybe the centralized height is needed. Tho that rock does look way to bulky.

Hyce

From the first doublemix on it it looks like the arch is not long for the world. It didn’t really “fix” much and kind of ruined the mid as far as I can tell. Mid’s going to be altered a bit still, but not with any central height over point. Maybe something next to it. We’ll see.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 36 Next »