Forum

cp_badlands_pro (beta 3)

Created 11th July 2013 @ 05:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from numlocked

filling the holes and allowing the the sticky traps won’t work. you need one or the other.

It’s a compromise solution. All holes on mid are fixed except for the one under the cap, to allow for sticky traps.

derdotte

Blood

Quoted from ondkaja

– Some OP hiding spots have been removed, and sticky spots where you could place COMPLETELY invisible stickies have been removed/reworked.

please use Func_physbox_multiplayer to prevent invisible sticky spots but dont block them for going though like now in badlands.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from derdotte

[…]
please use Func_physbox_multiplayer to prevent invisible sticky spots but dont block them for going though like now in badlands.

The collisions between players and door frames are EXACTLY the same as it was on the old Badlands. The only difference is that you can’t hide stickies in the door frames.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

you couldnt put your head through the frames

beach

[DA]
[DA]

why can demomen not roll out properly?

derdotte

Blood

the collusion of the door frames got changed in the newest version of badlands.
they did make the door frames solid to prevent invisible sticky traps anyway they also changed some stuff with the frames itself so that you cant walk though it anymore.
this results into a smaller door, a lot harder jump and frustation because it got changed to a really close door to get though it.
did not check it in the newer version but i think they changed it so that the door is 20 units smaller.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from beach

why can demomen not roll out properly?

Because of the respawn room visualiser. When you approach an enemy spawn, a giant “no entry” sign appears. Valve updated it in the last version to also block off explosion splashes, which makes demos rollout harder since you have to put the sticky outside the spawn door.

I have however fixed it in beta 2 (which will be released as soon as I am done compiling), so you are able to roll-out as you have always been able to.

Quoted from derdotte

they did make the door frames solid to prevent invisible sticky traps anyway they also changed some stuff with the frames itself so that you cant walk though it anymore.
this results into a smaller door, a lot harder jump and frustation because it got changed to a really close door to get though it.
did not check it in the newer version but i think they changed it so that the door is 20 units smaller.

Again, the collisions between players and door frames in this map are EXACTLY the same as in the old Valve version of Badlands, the only difference is that you aren’t able to completely hide stickies in the doorways.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from derdotte

there was a player clip more than halfway through the doorframe, the difference (if there is any) is tiny
its just a placebo

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

I think they fixed the rollout problem in the latest patch. At least I’m able to hurt myself even when I’m outside of spawn and the sticky is on the inside of the spawn.

Last edited by Beater,

ondkaja

IKEA

Beta 2 released!

– Fixed Z-fighting behind last.
– Improved clipping.
– Minor optimisations.
– Simplified geometry on the houses around valley to grey bridge.

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18724316/cp_badlands_pro_b2.rar

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

nvm

Last edited by BenBazinga,

beach

[DA]
[DA]

oh, i found rolling out the same, i put the sticky on the wall just outside

Gubbins

Op4

Why not make mid floor out of glass