Forum

cp_quay

Created 19th December 2011 @ 17:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 15 Next »

doks

No medic alive can like this

wrock

vier

actually, i dont like the mid, to open, hardly spots to move for scouts(inner part) once your in lower ground you have to get the whole way back to the outher cycle

beside that, im fine with it atm(havent played it so much yet)

DeusVox

Quoted from doks

THIS SO MUCH

choiie

keso

Quoted from doks

I can see how this might be true, but some examples would be helpful! I personally thoroughly enjoyed medicing on this map.

Last edited by choiie,

doks

way too much hiding spots.
3 windows a.k.a sniper spots at 2nd point on the 2nd floor is crazy. snakewater has one and thats already annoying :D
would like to see the map being more OPEN. its clustered with boxes, pillars, fences… all that shit. I mean yeah leave some of that in so the scouts,spies,snipers or roamers can have their fun but make it easier on the medic :/

choiie

keso

Quoted from doks

way too much hiding spots.
3 windows a.k.a sniper spots at 2nd point on the 2nd floor is crazy. snakewater has one and thats already annoying :D
would like to see the map being more OPEN. its clustered with boxes, pillars, fences… all that shit. I mean yeah leave some of that in so the scouts,spies,snipers or roamers can have their fun but make it easier on the medic :/

Ok, I think maybe removing the right hand side route from second to mid might be a big part of the problem? I’m not sure how much it is used, but I feel like it might be too easy to abuse. Also I agree that there are a lot of hiding spots available, maybe I can do something about that.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Map is still great, but I miss the 2nd point being suspended in the air. I’d like to see that make a return.

choiie

keso

Quoted from Ritalin

Map is still great, but I miss the 2nd point being suspended in the air. I’d like to see that make a return.

I’ll gladly add it back in, but the issue is I don’t want to make the area too cluttered. Another issue is that it might move the point even closer to mid, which is definitely not what I want.

Did you play the map as a team?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I liked the old 2nd point too. There is a whole part of 2nd to the right of point pushing out that does nothing, it’s just a dead end.

choiie

keso

Quoted from fraac

I liked the old 2nd point too. There is a whole part of 2nd to the right of point pushing out that does nothing, it’s just a dead end.

Yeah, it was planned to be a bit like a trash area, but currently it fills no strategic value besides hiding there. Most likely I’ll remove it altogether.

What do you think about moving the point all the way to the side (to the right of the right side balcony exit, defenders’ perspective)? The point would be extremely far off to the side, so I’m not sure it would work out considering how wide the map is already, but it might solve the problem of too many structures in that area? My personal issue is that it’s impossible to jump as a solly because you’re gonna get stuck with something wherever you are.

choiie

keso

Here’s what I did now: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2447457/cp_egypt_final0005.jpg

Mid’s a tough one. I really need some more input to see what I can do; I can agree that it’s a bit too open and it’s hard to get a grip of it right now.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

If you raise CP2 up again you are taking away part of the defenders advantage, but then you position it very close to a doorway (cover) actually making it easier for defenders to spam from safety?!

Could you make the CP be on top of the crane structure, like Badlands spire? :D

choiie

keso

Quoted from Admirable

If you raise CP2 up again you are taking away part of the defenders advantage, but then you position it very close to a doorway (cover) actually making it easier for defenders to spam from safety?!

Could you make the CP be on top of the crane structure, like Badlands spire? :D

I’ve been trying out solutions like that but the big problem is they will all take the point even closer to mid, and they’re already ridiculously close as it is. I’ve been considering moving the point inside the top lobby, but that might make the whole yard area completely redundant. As far as I’m concerned, however, I don’t think the problem’s been the point being too hard to defend, or am I mistaken?

Califax

dyn.

I was thinking… Go back to the floating capture point, but place the crane outside the map…? That way you can be more creative with the area around and underneath the point.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I’d appreciate that… The crane is annoying, I’d rather not have props that have invisible clipping walls in the midst of combat areas…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 15 Next »