Forum

cp_foundry

Created 16th December 2011 @ 10:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »

huhystah

Quoted from CanFo

Would you like a one-night-cup on, say, next wednesday?

LET ME TEST IT FIRST.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from CanFo

Would you like a one-night-cup on, say, next wednesday?

No :D

Extremer

Looks rather boring.

droso

o/

That new map looks absolutely amazing.
I can’t wait tro try it in a cup.

wrex

I just tried it on pub, cant wait to play it 6v6

Looks pretty damn huge. Snipers are gonna be a pain in the ass.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Probably slightly too big for 6v6, especially the lobbies between cp2 and cp3. The flanking routes are too far apart, making for possibly easy backcaps (depends on the cap timers as well I guess). I love all the little height platforms (mostly by the trains) that can be utilized by any class as there are many ways to get on them and jump from one to another.

Gonna test this with a 6v6 game soon!

Snyyppis

RLM

Had a quick run through and first impression is very nice.

Mid and second very open, mid seems bit like obscure with similar sniper sightlines, but also very scout friendly with all those platforms and trains to dance around on. There is also a funny bit of “lobby” between mid and 2nd, that should provide some interesting choices on where to hold etc. 2nd point again has decent sniper sightlines, similar to snakewater’s.

Last point somewhat old-obscure stylish but with a high ceiling and the point caps really fast. It’s also very close to 2nd point, and seen as it takes a scout 10 seconds from the respawn to second and only 6 seconds from last to second, should be relatively easy to push out of (and mid to 2nd is bit chokish so should be easy to control with a soldier on the train). There are lots of hiding places though so backcaps can be a nuisance. Rollout appears pretty typical, far right to the raised platform on middle seems the obvious choice.

A good sniper can prove troublesome, and there is a small death-pit behind the last point, although I doubt that will be of much issue. Heavy on last seems a good choice as well, for both attacking and defending since the entrances are close to the point.

tldr: Looks good – needs to be tested (obv.)

RaCio

GoT²

In the spirit of the theme of the update. Would there be enough interest in a one-night-cup ran next week, on say, Wednessday or Thursday?

Note that we can do multiple cups if needed, so running one before Christmas doesn’t mean we won’t run one in January :)

Keyro

Cheater

I’m a bit disapointed, i was hoping for way more from valve.
It’s clear that the map has been done by proffesional mappers, very clean, few bugs etc but at first glance it seems it’s a very standard 5 CP comp’ map with nothing estonishing.
Needs to be tested in a one day cup.

Dummy

dont run it on wednesday plx – that newbie xmas cup is going on until then

Clark

SDCK!

Somehow reminds me of cp_labor, maybe someone remembers it. It used to be a really sweet map.

choiie

keso

Quoted from Keyro

I’m a bit disapointed, i was hoping for way more from valve.
It’s clear that the map has been done by proffesional mappers, very clean, few bugs etc but at first glance it seems it’s a very standard 5 CP comp’ map with nothing estonishing.
Needs to be tested in a one day cup.

I’ve got to say it’s quite obvious it’s not made for comp, but rather a try to make 5cp viable also on pub, which I believe they’ve done a great job with!

antyjc

2ne1

LOOKS NICE LETS PLAY IT

cba to run through and give feedback, just need to force people to play it and then see if it’s fun. ^_^

Last edited by antyjc,

MEGAMIDDIE

I don’t like it, it’s like it’s been specifically made to remove any hiding place you could ever think of. Not really a good thing imo

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »