Forum

cp_antiquity_RC1

Created 6th February 2011 @ 17:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

EArkham

There is a way to reach the sniper decks at mid. Look for the crates on the far right side of this screenshot. Basically crates to ledge to tree. Originally that was scout only, but I adjusted it so anyone could do it. Lot of jumping, but doable. Scouts however can manuever through all of mid without touching the ground level.

Hmm… actually I never tested FaN scouts. I wonder if it’s possible to reach the deck from ground with a FaN jump. Probably not. Maybe from the other crates in the dark corner though (not visible in the screenshot; they’re over by the exit from the final forward spawn).

The small archway to mid was originally closer to the middle section, but that resulted in too much spam on 12v12 due to the teams clashing directly into each other. When I moved that, it really changed the dynamic of the side route: now it’s mostly just useful for forward base engies, scouts going for a flank on people moving through the small arch, and snipers trying to position on mid.

Changing the side exit up so it also accesses inside the long hallway would be really interesting however. Hmm. REALLY interesting. I’ll consider that.

Also @Waebi, thanks for the demo! Hadn’t had a chance to review it yet, but hopefully later today.

Last edited by EArkham,

doks

i liked this map a lot actually… i guess its a bit too big for 6v6 but its something different :)
the last point has a bit too much entrances i think. Hope you are not giving up on this project :)

EArkham

Definitely not giving up on it. I had another project to work on, and a suggestion/request to make a KOTH version of Antiquity which I’m very likely going to start working on.

There’s only 3 entrances to last on B4, and that was a change from B3, so make sure you were trying B4 instead of B3.

For B5, the overall distance to mid is being shortened. This will bring down a heavy’s travel distance by ~3 seconds to reach mid. No effect on width (width is already comparable to fastlane & badlands so not changing that). Tedious work because I can’t simply slice out a section; I have to remove it in some very odd places.

Also changing the first forward spawn so it’s facing mid, since that’s apparently been confusing people.

I’ll post here when B5 is released.

Kep

Square

Quoted from EArkham

to make a KOTH version of Antiquity

would be great, it would be better of the cp version IMHO.

EArkham

Updated to B5:

* Removed out of place light on red’s last point
* Fixed some minor visual errors in the skybox
* Added sun to skybox
* Changed large healthkit to medium
* Tweaked cover placement at mid
* Tweaked arch/statuary at CP2
* reduced distance to mid (~2 seconds for vanilla heavy)
* added areaportalwindow to help optimize CP1/5
* Added spectator camera
* Added camera props to locations with camera views
* Reordered the main spawnroom’s entities to be sequential (left to right)
* First forward spawn now faces mid

Key updates here being the spawn entity reordering (to make sure players spawn together, unlike cp_granary) and the general shortening of the distance to mid.

I considered a side route from the garden into the hallways at mid as per suggested here, but it just didn’t work out after building it. Ended up being an unnecessary and redundant long route.

Please let me know if there are any problems, especially if I failed to properly pack everything. :)

Kep

Last edited by EArkham,

EArkham

Updated to RC1. Finally fixed the cap times; only just today realized that the cap times you put into the entities is NOT necessarily the cap time in game.

Had some feedback from a couple of comp players since B4 going into B5, so RC1 should be the most comp-friendly version so far. The cap time issue being a big improvement, and the increased access for medics at mid being another.

RC1:

* Cap times corrected (CP3 = 24, CP2 = 12, CP1 = 4)
* Crates at mid changed to ramp (no more jumping to reach)
* Added walkway to top of mid point (all class access)
* Fixed clipping at various exploitable spots
* Added “Capture Zone” overlays

LikeThis

This is one sexy map, my favorite visuals of any map yet. Never found anyone to play it though

Quoted from LikeThis

This is one sexy map, my favorite visuals of any map yet. Never found anyone to play it though

Yeah, really need to test this.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Needs a one-day-cup!

EArkham

I’ve been playing this on STAR’s server (youtube commentor). It’s a pub, but nocrit, nospread, and about half the regulars are above average.

Definitely plays a lot faster as of rc1 with the corrected cap times, and several games have had good back and forths. Also had a few rolls on it, so I’m considering upping the cap time on CP2/5 to prevent scout rushes from being as effective.

Looking forward to comp feedback.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3